Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: John Wilson Barbel Quiver Rod

Yes I know what you mean about beachcasting. Obviously there are places there where you can fish otherwise but so many places which are good are on the inside bends where the flow is greater and if using a ledger you simply cannot afford to let light terminal tackle roll into the tackle hungry rocks.

I have a few favourite places where I can get away with lighter leads particularly on the non tidal by casting bigger distances just over the nearside slacker water on outside bends but usually in summer when the boats stop in the evening. I know the barbel dont seem to take any notice of the boats but it doesn't feel right to me.

Last winter I finished the river season with a couple of nice doubles doing this on my Acy distance rod.

I know what you mean about more pleasure from closer in barbeling though. I make the effort now and again to go up to Nth Yorkshire to fish a narrow fast water where I can catch them under my feet against the bank. Thats heart stopping stuff.
    Tight lines.

Blog Entries

Default Re: John Wilson Barbel Quiver Rod

I've fished the Trent and there are places you can cast to the far bank and hold with three ozs,I don't get the buzz from big snaggy rivers as I do ones that have visible features,but I enjoy and have enjoyed catching them anywhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12