Meshed meat

Andy M

Reaction score
Hi, I just watched a YouTube video showing how to encase a luncheon meat in Fox Arma Mesh and hair rig it as you would a large pellet. The aim was to prevent small fish and crayfish from eating the bait before a barbel found it. It occurred to me that it would also work on faster flowing rivers/swims where meat is not normally a choice bait (static feeder or leger) because it is so easily washed off the hook. Might be a useful switch bait on hard days. Has anyone tried this?

Reaction score
Use a bit of your wife's stocking,you can prepare several,then hook it rather than hair rig it...

Philip

Reaction score
Bits of bloody liver/meat in a nylon mesh works well enough for Catfish.

Frying the meat can help toughen it as well. The brand also makes a difference, some stay on better than others.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
A guy called Mark posted about a method he used with nylon stocking material. I can’t remember if it was on here or another site.

He made up a paste out of whatever ingredients he chose, then used a hypodermic syringe with the end cut off to load the material with paste, if I remember rightly he held the nylon in place with an elastic band wrapped around the body of the syringe. When it was the right size he tied it off. The paste squeezed out slightly through the mesh. The beauty of this is you can use almost any kind of paste it doesn’t have to bind well. Ground pellet and anchovy’s sounds good. It’s not my method and I haven’t personally used it but I know he had good results with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Mark Todd Ray,he posted on here and the other place,smashing bloke,had a days fishing on the Teme with him,a brilliant day out,in spite of the rain,with plenty of chub and barbel caught...

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Mark Todd Ray,he posted on here and the other place,smashing bloke,had a days fishing on the Teme with him,a brilliant day out,in spite of the rain,with plenty of chub and barbel caught...

I’m friends with Mark on fb, he’s into light lure fishing at the moment and makes his own mini lures and very nice they look too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk