Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Loosing fish River Trent

Quote Originally Posted by S-Kippy View Post
    As a general principle to fish any swim or method where you are unlikely to be able to land any fish you hook is just bad angling. It matters not one whit what tackle you use provided it is man enough to do the job....if it isn't and you have nothing to "step up" to then I agree with John...the only thing any half decent angler can do is move.

We all get done occasionally but anyone losing fish after fish without doing anything about it is missing the point by some distance.
    Yes, that was my point exactly.

Edited. I just realised I might have made an error with the title . I think it should be Losing not loosing???

Quote Originally Posted by john step View Post
    Yes, that was my point exactly.

Edited. I just realised I might have made an error with the title . I think it should be Losing not loosing???
    Don't worry - you're pretty safe from grammar Nazis on here. It's one of those words. There are some words that always raise a tinge of doubt, just as you're writing. I've looked up a few - like exaggerate and committee - more than once, but I wouldn't rule out having to check again.

Very much agree with S-kippy on this issue. Using tackle suited to the conditions is really a minimum requirement for any competent angler. Ignore the negative comments, John. Some barbel anglers use 15lb mono in much more benign situations. Personally, I avoid the rivers where that kind of tackle is required, preferring more intimate rivers and lighter tackle.

Blog Entries

I never forgot a remark made by a match angler who was fishing opposite to me on the Tidal Trent back in the early nineties when I was heavily into the Barbel.
    He had drawn well but despite having plenty of bites was failing on each occasion to stay connected to his fish which were Barbel.
    It was obvious by his remarks that came drifting over the river that his frustration was mounting when he said " they'll never believe me back on the Witham that I'm using four pound line" !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12