BED/BREAKFAST with barbel

caelan

Reaction score
Goodafter noon tanglers looking for b/b with barbel fishing an info woulde be great all venues any area no problem mid 2020

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
A number of friends from another site have had a couple of very good meetings at Ross on Wye where there are many decent pubs offering B&B and with restaurants too.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I have bed and breakfast in Ringwood for barbel and chub fishing on the Hampshire Avon in the past. Plenty of choices for fishing, day tickets etc. Nice little market town and the prices were average and quite a lot used to angler’s staying. I think there are some pubs and hotels that do the same there as well.

cg74

Reaction score
You could stay at the Inn On The Wye Kerne Bridge. It's about a 300m walk from the pub to the first swim (Worcester AS controlled stretch). There are also 2 carparks about 50m from the river at both ends of the stretch.

I haven't actually stayed overnight at the pub, though I have eaten there several times and the food was excellent. And the fishing on that stretch is top drawer stuff.

nottskev

Reaction score
I had a good couple of days on the Teme a few years ago. We stayed at a B&B just east of Tenbury Wells. I don't know if the B&B is still there. I don't know if the barbel are still there. I'm guessing Tenbury Wells is.

It was on the main road, with the river, a beautiful tree-lined stretch, parallel to the road, one field in. The B&B was fine, and the bloke was an EA worker who knew his fishing and his river. He took us to the bank in a 4x4, and, when the first day was so-so, took us on a walk along the river and showed us where groups of barbel, that seemed to be missing from textbook swims, were holed up in some unexpected spots. You don't always get a bit of guiding thrown in free! Sorry I can't remember what the B&B was called, but it can probably be hunted down.