Barbel Days and Ways Vol 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Wood 1

Hi Matt,

I can recommend this DVD to anyone it is a credit to Bob and Stu and it reminded me of what barbel angling is all about.

They should be rightfully proud of both volumes one and two.

Kind regards

Ray

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Excellent DVD with some cracking underwater shots. Interesting to see the chub feeding with the barbel. Always thought the barbel would push the chub out.

Can't wait for Vol 3

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
And some reckon The Damned United is going to be a controversial movie...

Well Volume Two has had two threads locked, one here andone on 'the dark side',in as many days! Look, I'd love to offer some kind of apology but it's really out of my hands.

I meet many hundreds of anglers over the course of a season, dozens email me and you know what? They're all really nice people. Respectful, helpful, crikey some even apologise for interrupting me or taking up too much time, but they really are no inconvenience whatsoever. It's a pleasure to help them where you can and they help me just as much.

The problem always seems to be with folk you've never met...

Look, your support and feedback has been brilliant over the past 48-hours both on the site and in PMs and for that I sincerely thank you all. It's not pleasant when you're being stalked no matter how often it happens. Let's hope they've gone away.

Regards

Bob Roberts

graham idiot

Reaction score
Hi Bob Great DVD, just watched it, well worth the money and fast delivery, looking foreward to volume 3.

William Pastuszka

Reaction score
Like i said before on the locked thread brilliant underwater footage recorded in high definition which i have seen clips of on you tube & Bobs own website.

Well done to Bob Roberts & Stewart Walker & also toLee Swords & Steve Pope.

Good luck with volume 3 & 4.

Regards,

William

M

Matthew White

As I said on the previous thread this DVD is fantastic, and the underwater footage is superb.

I would love to see some underwater footage ofbarbel reacting to a meat hookabit. Is it the pink fish scarer some people say it is?

Well done Bob and Stu.

Matt

Stu Walker

Reaction score
Matthew

We will certainly try and film the reaction to a static meat hookbait when we get out with the underwater camera this season. We have a few ideas we want to try, i'll add it to the list.

Got some interesting footage last time we were out showing barbel can multitask just like my wife. A barbel was rooting hard for some pellets when a dislodged pellet comes bouncing down the gravel at some speed, the barbel in a split second grabs the pellet in mid flight, food for thought, trundling over a baited area ?

Stu

F

Fred Bonney

A big pink bit, sayquarter of a tin would be interesting.

I can picture it in my minds eye by feel what's going on, but the Trent doesn't allow an eye to eye view, as it were.

W

whiskerton

Stu,meat is a bait that.is either regarded as a flood water bait or blown when conditions are low and clear.Will you ever have the technology to film in flood conditions?

mike

F

Fred Bonney

Are you sure Mike?

I wish I could be as certain as you are,to make such a statement.

W

whiskerton

snooker night fred/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifthere should be a generally in there somewhere.

Stu Walker

Reaction score
Thats right mike, however it can work really well on a low clear river when trundled through a swim naturally, caught a lovely 8.8 on a low clear swale in the late eighties doing just that.

Filming in floodwater, something we haven't tried yet, been getting all the "easy stuff" will just have to add some more lead to the camera i suppose.

Stu

Lee Swords

Reaction score
I have had some massive and I mean massive wieghts (200lb plussers)bouncing meat in low clear conditions...Ok I got a lot of Chub as well but a piece of meat the size of a fingernail on a longtail can be devastating...

Anyway back to the DVD

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

W

whiskerton

thanks stu,what i was trying to get at in a hamfisted sort of way was,will you be able to film in flood conditions,will the camera be able to cope with the lack of water clarity,not so much the flow.

regards

mike

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I used to catch loads of barbel from the River Don on meat in normal conditions. I think it worked so well for a number of reasons;<ul>[*]Pellets weren't going in[*]The fish were rarely fished for[*]I used to tear pieces off into rough shapes (better flavour leakage and different to cubes)[*]The Don is more coloured than most rivers, especially back in the early to late 90's.[/list]

I must admit that I'm now of the pursuation that it's at its best in floodwater conditions and that other baits are a better choice most of the time.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Morning Matt...

I am going on the radio this morning...Its affecting my digestive tract...I have just had a massive poo.

I agree with what Matt says about meat

Jonathan Whitham

Reaction score
Got myself a copy of this DVD and here are a few thoughts:

> Servicewas fantastic - ordered Sunday night, arrived Tuesday

>Watched it, really enjoyed it and learnt from it - will now be buying Volume 1 (which I don't yet have)

>Don't know what the fuss is about re Bob Roberts. I don't know him, I likethe fact that someone (not forgetting Stu as well!) has made a video that I enjoy and can learn from, I don't mind at all if someone makes some money from providing a quality product that's good value and comes with great service

A

alan whittington

Very well put Jonathan,i couldnt agree more,i hope you enjoy vol.1 as much/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.