Forum Behaviour

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
It's been obvious for some time that certain anglers are usingFishingMagic's Barbel Forum (and other website's forums)to stalk and harrass certain other individuals and the Barbel Society in general.

Myself and FM's other moderators have been pretty lenient but of late it's reached the stage where we are no longer being left with any choice but to take a harder line. The forum is being disrupted assensible threads are edited, locked or deletedto prevent further escalation into chaos.

For the sake of all sensible and moderate posters (the majority of the membership)there will from now on be zero tolerance towards those who are deemed to be using FM for their own personal vendettas and hate campaigns against other anglers. I used to think that this little gang of trolls andparasitesdidn't realise that they were offending everyone's forum experience, but I now realise that it's more simple than that: they don't care.

So why should we give them anyof ourconsideration?

Initially, posts will continue to be edited, locked or deleted, but if myself or any moderator decides that someone can't take a hint and is obviously out to make a nuisance of themselves, they will be removed from the membership database and prevented from making any further posts on FM.

No explanation will be offered, but if someone thinks they need an explanation they can contact me or any moderator by Personal Message to seek one.

I apologise to all our reasonable members for having to take this harder line, but it needs no further explanation from me as to why it's become necessary.

E

EC

Thethread is nowunlocked for members to air their views.

To cut a long story short, the phrase .....'If in doubt, wipe it out' ....is the new motto for this area of the site!

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Glad to see that the forum is NOW being Moderated in the way that it should be.

Jimmy.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Yep totally agree.....about time!!! Nice one Boss.

I get sick of seeing the samespineless "barbel boys" using FM for their own sad games. They "give" nothing to FM and I would ban them without the slightest hesitation!!!

If they've got something to "give" (articles/tips) to FM then fine, if not, sod off back to BFW, or where ever you came from! If I wanted to read yourstupid childish argumentsI'd join BFW...................that's why I haven't!

captain carrott

Reaction score
a few years late but not before time. maybe these forums will come back to life again if some of the blurble morons are gotten rid of

W

whiskerton

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Steve Spiller wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Yep totally agree.....about time!!! Nice one Boss.

I get sick of seeing the samespineless "barbel boys" using FM for their own sad games. They "give" nothing to FM and I would ban them without the slightest hesitation!!!

If they've got something to "give" (articles/tips) to FM then fine, if not, sod off back to BFW, or where ever you came from! If I wanted to read yourstupid childish argumentsI'd join BFW...................that's why I haven't!</blockquote>

With the greatest respect,steve.Last year i sent you a p.m,vis a vis Sywell.As i remember you caught a good fish.I didn't ask for specific information,just a general chat.I don't mind that you didn't even bother to reply.Last year,after the birth of our first born,i spent a week on the Wye.After pm'ing a couple of people on bfw i was overwhelmed with advice.Nice rant by the way /forum/smilies/sleepy_smiley.gif

regards

mike

R

Robert Woods

I agree, Eddie should put his foot down with a firm hand.../forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif.

The bad one

Reaction score
Now come on I did say nice things about Fred/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

carl pepper

Reaction score
best end to a nightshift ive had reading this thread from graham. i visitmainly carp sites as well as this one and barbel fishing world (and another joke barbel forum thats just pathetic) a few times, mainly just reading the posts and its the same gang of trollsflittingaround all threeto spread there juvenile sh*te.

its about time somebody took a stand because that way more people with more than half a brain will come on here to talk about barbel without having to risk being be-littled by the barbel trolls. it might be right that bob roberts posts some harsh words sometimes but if you read some of the things they say about him, and about graham, its easy to understand why.

there are pictues of bob and stuart walker and another guy with some other guys heads photoshopped on, now what decent moderator allows that? no wonder you meet a better class of people on here.

Damian Kimmins

Reaction score
I for one totally agree with this stance. I think other forums should take the same line also.

The mind boggles as to why people should have the inclination to cause such trouble and can only offer that they've too much time on their hands.

Regards,

Damian Kimmins

D

Dave Slater

I read through one or two of the threads and found them totally boring. If I had been a newcomer to the site and just read these threads and nothing else I would never have visited the site again.

One of the threads seemed to be encouraging people to break rules set by the owners of fisheries, which I think is very wrong. There also seems to be an elitist attitude shown by those posting to the threads and they seem to think they are better than everybody else. This attitude used to be prevalent in carp fishing many years ago and I hate to see it creeping into river fishing.

Yes Graham I think you were totally right to take this stance.

F

Fred Bonney

"One of the threads seemed to be encouraging people to break rules set by the owners of fisheries,....."

Did I miss that one ?

F

Fred Bonney

I would have thought so too,well done Graham, and thanks for the addition.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Matt Corker wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Well done Graham.

However, I can't help thinking that this thread could turn into one of those threads.</blockquote>

Believe me Matt, it won't, not for long anyway.

Constructive criticism acceptable as always, anything else - no chance!

mike trahern

Reaction score
Graham,

Wasnt being clever just showing you I have been here all along despite your claims. How clever is it to post your ownpicture./forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

However,I would have liked to answer Black Sheeps questions for him.

Tony.

TJD Notts

Reaction score
GOOD NEWS! There were always a few that wanted to spoil it for the rest which is always a shame so i'm all for it Graham.

issimmo

Reaction score
Hi guys, I think this is good news, becose the forum is not a place were everybody can fight their own war.
I'm a member on the FM for 2 years and was afraid that someone might took the mickey coz I asked something that they think is so basic that only a stupid could ask.
Now I know that all my questions will be answered without being afraid that someone will look at me from a high horse.
This is just the way a forum should be.
Thank you Mr. Graham.