South clifton TRENT

nchokie

Reaction score
Hi , I have already asked this question on BFW and haven't received a reply yet so here goes . Does anyone know if its worth giving South Clifton on the tidal Trent a go for barbel , see that didn't hurt did it ?

Steve

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Yep...The Trent contains barbel from tip to toe

If you are mega serious however try to avoid the crowds and go to one of the many under fished areas

That is my plan for the next season

No more circus swims for me

nchokie

Reaction score
Does it get really busy down there on the scunthorpe police stretch ? I am pretty new to the Trent , normally fish on the Dearne and the Don . Only really fished Ladypitt which is ridiculously easy fishing and thought it might a bit more challenging at South Clifton .

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I would expect it to be far less crowded than what I have heard of their Ladypit stretch.

The biggest problem you may have at the weekend are the waterskiers, they use the full extent of the river!!!

Last edited:

nchokie

Reaction score
I would expect it to be far less crowded than what I have heard of their Ladypit stretch.

The biggest problem you may have at the weekend are the waterskiers, they use the full extent of the river!!!

Probably gonna go midweek , next week . When would be the best time to fish . By that I mean where in the tide ? Does it affect the feeding times of the Barbel , bearing in mind that it is days only fishing I think .

richiekelly

Reaction score
i am thinking of joining spac next season i think night fishing is allowed on their tidal stretch as there is a photograph on the website showing a barbel from there the photograph was taken in the dark, there are also photographs of the river with the tide in and the tide out looks as though the river rises a lot when the tide is in so an eye will have to be kept on tackle to avoid it being swamped, there is a link on their website for checking the tide times,
by the way it doesnt surprise me you have had no replies from bfw!!!

Last edited:

nchokie

Reaction score
Found the tide times on the BBC weather website , I had wondered what the time difference would be between the coast and South Clifton . I will work on the basis of 6hrs Fred , unless someone knows different ?

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Tide times for various points on the Trent are given on Rivercall 0906 619 7744 .

Why bother with BFW when you can get a much better class of insult on here!:cool:

nchokie

Reaction score
I couldn't possibly tell you how I get on ! Sorry thought I was on BFW , no problem with that , its least I can do .

Steve

Reaction score
i am thinking of joining spac next season i think night fishing is allowed on their tidal stretch as there is a photograph on the website showing a barbel from there the photograph was taken in the dark, there are also photographs of the river with the tide in and the tide out looks as though the river rises a lot when the tide is in so an eye will have to be kept on tackle to avoid it being swamped, there is a link on their website for checking the tide times,
by the way it doesnt surprise me you have had no replies from bfw!!!

I joined the spac this year for the stretches of the trent but there is no night fishing on any of their waters

Not tried the clifton stretch or torksey as yet but love the nabs island stretch as its so quiet

richiekelly

Reaction score
I joined the spac this year for the stretches of the trent but there is no night fishing on any of their waters

Not tried the clifton stretch or torksey as yet but love the nabs island stretch as its so quiet

thanks didnt know there was no night fishing, i just assumed as there is a photograph on the website showing a barbel in the dark