How do I get rid of this silhouette?

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
It's got hair on top, and no specs or beard, so it can't be me!
Can anyone recommend a CHEAP digital camera for such sillinesses as this, and showing off stuff on ebay?

S

Shrek

I've got a Fuji A210. Picked it up from www.ebuyer.co.uk for ?115. Comes with a 16Mb XD Picture card so I bought a 64Mb one too. More than enough for me at the moment.
It's not too hot on wide panaoramic views, but copes well with individual shots.

Here's the LINK

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Thanks,Adrian. That's not quite my idea of cheap (gulp), but looking at the specs, it seems to be at that "golden" point where a little less money gets a lot less camera, but a little more camera costs lots. Perhaps I should stop buying relic rods and centre-pins on ebay for a while!
I think I need counselling-that last sentence has left me trembling!

S

Shrek

That's what I had to do, curb my eBay interests. Mind you, there was a cracking Dave Swallow 'pin up the other day (think it was) that was sitting at ?205. I was tempted, but let it pass.

Mind you, this fly fishing mullarkey has made me spend a bit of dosh without realising.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Been there - and out the other side! It doesn't half bring you up with a jolt when you spend nearly a ton on hooks, string, fevvas an'fur, and it arrives in a tiny little envelope!
Was the "Swallow" a pin or a ball-race job? It looked like the latter,so I wouldn't get too excited. However a Mordex Merlin went for about twenty squids this morning and I missed it! I've got one,so I don't know why I feel gutted, but it's a bit of a "poor man's aerial" (especially at that price!)and a spare wouldn't hurt.Nor would a Trudex.Or a David Slater.
Chris James (Stillwater Fly-Fishing for Trout) and Troversial Ron have some pretty sound ideas on how to chuck fluff cost-effectively. Wish I'd read - and believed- them at the other end of my fly-fishing career.

J

jason fisher

alan if you have a scanner you can scan in an ordinary photo so you can still use your old camera.

J

john conway

Alan if you’ve got an ordinary camera, when you get your film developed you can also ask them to put your shots on to a CD. That’s’ what I did for a while when digital cameras were sky high. Not sure of the cost now but it wasn’t too much, the main reason for me going digital was I wanted to look at my pictures there and then, sometimes I’d have a film in my camera for six months or more.

D

Deck Monkey

You can pick up basic digis for well under a ton now but if you want half decent pictures don't go below 2 mega pixels. I have a 3.2 mega pixel soncy DSC (cost just under 200 quid) and the picture quality is fantastic. If you want really good photos, don't skimp too much, but if you're after a budget camera with good features you could do worse than this (apologies if this link insert doesn't work but I have no idea what the format is for inserting links on this BB)

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000ULKEK/ref=amb_center-2_85294_1/026-1520583-3766844"]Amazon.co.uk[/ame]

For 80 squids you 2M pixel, 3x optical zoom and 2.5x digital zoom, can take B&W, sepia or colour, includes 8Mb card (but reccomend you pick up a bigger one - can be bought quite cheap now) and a load of other gubbins. Digis usually come with some sort of software for downloading pics from the camera and organising them but you don't have to use it.

Happy shopping!

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Thank you all very kindly for your suggestions, Gentlemen; you've given me a lot to think about! I don't own a scanner, Jason, but there is one at work, guarded by the biology department secretary, I suppose if I feed her a couple of parking wardens she might let me play with it, but the consequences if i leave it jammed in a postage-stamp-sized format are too nasty to contemplate...they involve being digested with only parking wardens for company..

CD's,eh? hadn't thought of that...the likely
snag is that I'm using my wife's camera so there are only about two shots per roll worth converting!

Deck Monkey, the link worked perfectly, thanks; I would ask how the hell d'you DO that, but I wouldn't understand the answer!
But I'm dead impressed.
so it's Fuji v Olympus v spannering the moulah out of the accounts - Interesting Times I'm in for!