castle loch

Jase

Reaction score
does any body have any info on fishing castle loch, and where abouts sewer bank is

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Info depends on what species your targeting. The sewer pipe is near the bailiffs cottage, there's a layby just passed the cottage going towards town and the pegs are to the right of the layby lookin out towards the lake. If it's bream your after you'll need a good bed of bait to fish over and fish a good 60 to 80 yards out if you can.. If it's the tench your after then just beyond the drop off in the first peg...about 15 to20 ft out if I remember rightly. If it's pike then try all over the swim.

Jase

Reaction score
thanks for the info mate, do you have any advise on ground bait, hook bait or pre baiting

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
thanks for the info mate, do you have any advise on ground bait, hook bait or pre baiting

It really depends on what fish your targetting. If it's the bream your after then a good bed of bait, crumb,pellets,maggot,corn etc. Several friends of mine have had good success using a method feeder and two/three inch hook length fished over a bed of feed using small fishmeal boilies. As I say it depends on your target species.

Jase

Reaction score
thanks again, mates are looking for bream and tench, im not bothered, anything with fins will do. my targeting of tench is almost over and my all out bream fishing dosen't start till holland in september