Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hi, i game/course fish and am looking to start sea fishing (charter Boat) can anyone reccomend any equiptment i should buy and preferably can anyone reccomend any where to sea fish (charter) in lincolnshire/yorkshire, as i believe most charter boats will provide rental equiptment, thanks alot guys.

jason fisher Guest

most charters rods and reels are pretty basic, have a look a veals website and poingdestres website, sea angler magazine do a book called the sea anglers step by step guide to bait and rigs which is worth getting.

you will need a good selection of aberdeen hooks in size 2 to 4/0, mustad vikings in 4/0 to 8/0 for big stuff conger and tope.

mono for leaders 60 to 80lb mono for snoods(hooklengths) 30lb amnesia is good for this.
    a few booms and a selection of leads.
    be careful when buying sea leads i got carried away and my lead box now weighs 30lbs.

as for charters whitby has it's own fleet.

how often are you planning on going out?
    if its only an occasinal thing is it really worth buying a boat set up?

took me a while to decide, and then i bought the ron thompson deal for 40, not brilliant,but as i dont go all the time it will do the job.

great ! thanks alot, should i go to whitby and look to book when im there or what?

might be better to book in advance.

Chris Bishop Guest

Buy a copy of Sea Angler. It's a great read and the back is packed with ads from charter skippers.