Wooden/Concrete platforms and Rod Rests

P

Paul Root

I have started fishing again after a 10 year absence. I bought a match rod, feeder rod and now 2 carp rods etc etc. I have just recently joined another club that seems to be very "match" orientated and all their waters have wooden platforms, and a rule in the club card that says "only fishing from platforms. Fine, so I purchased a rod pod for carp fishing, but I cannot see how I can use my quiver tip rod for this setup, and their setup. Any ideas, what I really mean, is their is not way to get bank sticks in because the water is too deep next to the wooden platforms, any ideas ?

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In a situation like this I use a long extending storm pole, the type used on bivvys to put in the water next to or in front of the peg. The threaded end still takes a rod rest.

Other than that, you can buy the octoplus feeder rest to fit on a leg of your seatbox, (or chair) maybe?

As bodger job, rest your tip rod on a tackle bag or something.
You can also get a small tripod for resting your tip rod on.

If you find it difficult to position your tip rod sideways on to the water, would it be acceptable to you to change the end eye ring of your rod to take a threaded eye and use a swing tip adapter? This way you can fish directly out in front of yourself, and it is more sensitive than a quivertip.

The Hood

Reaction score
Dear Paul

Davis angling produce a special bit of tackle that attaches to your chair. It holds both the butt and the tip, I use it for platforms etc. I bought it on mail order as their advert was always in IYCF, I think they are based in Surrey.

The Hood

R

Ross Turner

Paul,What Hood is on about is the Fish Face Chair Mate that Davies designed & market,they can be contacted on 0800 136031
tha costs are as follows
1=?29.99,2=?27.50 each,3 or more=?24.99.
I had 3 a few years back & they fit on just about any chair or box & as Baz said get a feeder rest as that fits them.

F

Frothey

gardener do a little tripod that you can put your bankstick into..

The Hood

Reaction score
Cheers Ross, too much Bacardi can cause memory lo..............

N

NottmDon

You could invest in a modern matchbox with all the trimmings which allow you to have a self contained fishing station under your bum so to speak. Have a look at "Octoplus" site by Mel WIlde as another option then check out the modern match/seat boxes, it may help you out mate.

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
I used to do a lot of quiver fishing on Lomond on the rocks, we used to just put rod holdall down pointing at water....lay rod on bag and voila....as you are only looking for movement at the tip no worries...or how about a mini tripod the sort used for pole rollers????

L

Limestone

One of the major manufacturers is bringing out a chair soon that will feature attachments like a seat box - rodrests, trays etc.

I think the launch may be at Go Fishing at the NEC, or maybe a bit sooner.

P

Paul Root

A bit late here, but it took a while to come, but my problems resolved. A Korum accessory chair ! I bought it last September.