Seat Boxes

Neil Melton

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post so be gentle with me !!

I've just taken up fishing again after a 12 year absence (women and kids kind of got in the way!). Anyway, most of my fishing tackle seems to have gone walkies, so I'm needing to set up from scratch. Got the basics to get me going, but am now looking to get some of the more expensive bits. Anyone recommend a suitable seat box that is functional, but doesn't break the bank? I've seen the ones on www.dragoncarpdirect.com, the conti-lite boxes, and wondered if anyone has used one, or has an opinion on them? Whats a reasonable price to pay?

Thanks in anticipation!

ryan.b

Reaction score
i was thinking about getting the conti lite box from dragon carp direct, but i was told to spend a litlle more on a box to ensure that it is going to last you. i personally dont think that dragon carp gear any good. it depends how much you want to spend. i've bout a waterline 5draw seat box with footplate for 150 from www.bosfish.co.uk . i've had it just over a year now and had no problems at all. so thats what i recommend. they also have some other cheap but good quality seat boxes on that site. the shops in sheffield and i recommend you go to the shop, but delivery is usually good from them if you live to far away. hope i've helped.
ryan

Neil Melton

Reaction score
Thanks for the response! Having had a chat with the local fishing tackle shop owner, he managed to put me in touch with someone selling a Brilo box, footplate, and all sorts of other attachments for ?120! On the strength that these regularly go on e-bay for ?150+ I snatched his hand off! Can't wait for the next fishing trip so I can try it out!

Yorkie

Reaction score
Hi Neil, what you have bought is a quality seatbox mate. Brilo is one of the best names in the seatbox business.
I'm glad you avoided buying the Dragon Carp/Badger type stuff. It weighs a ton and is very cheaply made.

Good luck with your Brilo and your reaquaintence with fishing!

Neil Melton

Reaction score
Well, took the new seatbox out for a "test drive" Saturday morning, to my local fishery, Sherwood Forest Park. What a difference a decent seat box makes ! Everything to hand in the various drawers, most comfortable seating position, no back ache!! Most pleased with my purchase!!