Starting to fish again

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Get in there Bob...!
I can't remember the last time I had a 1lb roach, it's been ages.

Well done mate

Bob Bone 2

Reaction score
Gutted today,first chance of a session in a while. got every thing ready the night before got up at 6.30am arrived at Sumners pond just before 8am to find every bloody peg taken. Off to Alderwood ponds near Steyning same thing. Passies was so busy we could not park let alone fish oh furnace lake was heaving as well. 2.hrs+ trying to find a venue to do somelong awaited fishing. Role on June 16th maybe then I can fish with out having a stranger fishing on my lap.

C

christian tyroll

madness never found anywhere that busy! im glad you kept at it, it can be very hit and miss in winter and its good it didnt put you of, now its getting warmer the fish will start feeding more readily again! but definatly join a club they offer great value for money and you'll save a fortune from not fishing the commercial style fishiers youve been at recently! also they will never be as crowded as a commercial style fisheryat my local club i normally have the place to my self! good luck in the future!

Bob Bone 2

Reaction score
Completely different today, went to Passies pond caught my first carp and then another 7 on top of that all of about 2/2.5 pounds each and a few skimmers and little bits. Fantastic session I will be going back for some more of the same.

Lurch

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Just starting again after 25 years. Help me please, tell me about hair rigs ? how does the bait stay on ? everything seems so different now ! I feel like an intruder into a new sport, tks

Bob Bone 2

Reaction score
Bait goes on the hair and then is held inplace by a hair stop which goes through the small loop. The bait then sits nicely under the hook. Nothing to say you have to use them though. Nice big piece of bread on the hook is doing te business for me at the mo.

Since starting again at the beggining of the year I have caught koi carp, ghost mirror carp,common carp to 7lb (pb) Tench andloadsof silvers.

Best thing you could do is buy yourself improve your coarse fishing every month and useit as a guide.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Lurch, IYCF is certainly a good starting point, best thing is to concentrate on one style or technique for a while. Don't think for one minute though that your skills from 25 years ago won't be useful now, some people get too bogged down in what the magazines tell you you need rather than tried and tested techniques.

Oh and don't forget the wealth of knowlege on here too, no such thing as a daft question.