Where can we go??

H

howard powsney

Hi
My friends and have always talked about going away for a weekend camping & fishing, but as we've never done it properly before, we've pretty no idea where to start planning it.

We would ideally like to go somwhere which would be able to rent us all the necessary equipment, as well as giving us an idea of exactly what we should be doing. We're from Manchester, but we'd be ready to travel a couple of hours to wherever we need to.

Could someone can point us in the right direction.

Thanks.

Howard

richard turner

Reaction score
i would try a few day sessions first before you try and do over nighters i dont no of anywhere who would rent you out gear anyway.

T

Terry D

I'd try Ian Heaps' fishery down in south Wales. I know he has plenty of kit for his angling school classes so just give him a ring and ask.

howiep

Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys,
we ended up going to Ambleside, to a place called Esthwaite Water trout fishery who were very welcoming, they supplied us with all the necessary equipment, licence, boat & permit & also a quick turotial. We were out on the boat for about 11 hours, and enjoyed every minute of it. The guy said the conditions werent the best, but we perservered & after rthe 11hours caught ourselves a well earned 2pound Trout!! we were very very pleased.....and now we're hooked (no pun intended)and want to go back.

Milo

Reaction score
Just out of interest, how much did the day cost, Howard?