feeder fishing

R

roy Chapman 2

hi,can anyone tell me the best way to fish the feeder,the prob is when clip up to hit the same spot,when i put the rod in the rest i pull it out of the area,wot is going on,help??????????.roy

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Roy.
Tie number 4 pole elastic or magic marker on your main line once you have cast out to your required distance.
When you recast, wait until the pole elastic or magic marker goes through the rod rings then start to feather your line down. Wait until the feeder hits the bottom. Wind most of the slack in until the elastic or marker is just in front of your tip ring. Carefully tighten up. If needs be open the bail arm to put the rod in its rest. Make any fine adjustment to line tightness by turning the spool with your hand. Finally close the bail arm.

I prefer not to use the line clip but......
Cast out clipped up.

open the bail arm and put the rod on the rest.

Tighten up by turning the spool with your hand and not the handle on the reel.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
When you cast bring the rod to its final position just before the feeder lands on the water. You will always be in the right place then and only need to tighten up.

R

roy Chapman 2

hi,thanks for your replies,will try them out this weekend,thanks roy.

Beecy

Reaction score
good advise there Roy from Baz & Bryan.

may I also add though, i think you may be worrying a bit unduly, ok so your pulling the feeder away from the spot it hits the water by moving the rod onto the rests, but when you think about it, while ever you are clipped up your feeder will still be coming to rest on the lake bed in more or less the same area every time, just not directly beneath were it hits the water thats all.