"Sleeper" rod set up

C

Cider Bob 2

Ive just returned too the world of fishing too find it has gone completely mental.There seems too be more kit about then ever before but thankfully the quality and price has improved.
Anyway ive settled back in,and have purchased a specimin set up consisting of a Shimano hyperloop AX SL and a GTE5000 B baitrunner too stick out when im float fishing.
I dont really want too get in the realms of heavy carp or mass pre baiting,i just would like too stand a fighting chance of picking up a biggy in a session.
Any ideas on rigs,line strengths,hair rigging etc?
Id like too keep it reasonably simple if thats possible so my fishing remains a pleasure not a chore.

regards

marcus ballam

Reaction score
Hi mate.

Go for a line strengh around 10lb, should do you for any carp that comes along (up this if the water you fish is snaggy).

In terms of rigs, it depends on many factors (bait, bottom make up, distance etc). Let us know and we might be able to help you a bit better.

Regards

Marcus

C

Cider Bob71

Marcus,
I generally fish lakes of the non gravel pit variety,depths from 7 foot up.No more than a 50 yard cast is required.
I was thinking of hair rigging a halibut pellet (12ml) on a feeder with a fairly short hooklength.
Im loaded up with 10lb line as you have mentioned.
Hope this is helpful.

Bob

C

Christian Tyroll

If your using a feeder and a short hooklength, you'll probably want a inline feeder. Also reasonable heavy say 2ozs as i think a bolt rig effect is what your after?
Load the feeder with bread crumb or fishmeal groundbait sweetcorn and a few small pellets. This should catch anything which swims your way.
Regards to hooklength depends on the bottom but might aswell keep it simple. If you fish 10lb mainline use a 8lb mono hooklink.
If you have a good bite indication of some sort and the fish are in there this should catch a few.
All the best,
Christian

C

Cider Bob71

Thanks for that,I will employ this method on sunday see wot occurs!

Many thanks

Bob