home made ground baits

McPlop

Reaction score
Can anyone reccomend a good "all rounder" ground bait mix i could make at home? Have found various different recipies on the web but none seem to contain any exact amounts of specified ingredients, though are quick to point out too much of this or that will actualy drive fish away from the desired area! trust me when i say i dont need any help in driving the buggers away. Cheers.

E

EC

Bog standard brown bread crumb is a start.

Cheap additives include things like liquid molasses, ground pellets, vitalin(can also be used on its own) and fishmeal It really all depends on what you are trying to do!
I know you said 'allrounder' but will it be going in by hand or through a feeder?

Stillwater, canal or river?

And what species are you hoping to catch as well mate?

McPlop

Reaction score
Let me start by saying I'm no great shakes as a fisherman. I genraly fish with two rods, one with a cage feeder the other with method or occasionaly pva bags. almost always fish lakes and like to try and catch whatever is stupid enough to take my poorly presented baits! Seem to have been doing exactley the same thing for years. current ground bait usualy consists of; a bag of strawberry mix, tin of hemp, handfull of sweetcorn, tin of tuna fish, liquid attractant and a bit of water ( chilly or hemp oil if i'm useing bags).

E

EC

"Let me start by saying I'm no great shakes as a fisherman."

Join the club, there's loads on this site to improve your technique.

For a method mix there's loads of articles and threads on the site about how to best fish it mate. Go to the bottom of this page for more similar articles.

Also do a search (above) for threads on 'method' and also 'groundbait' there are loads of good ideas and input from lots of anglers.

For general feeder fishing, I generally use plain brown crumb, but to give it a bit more smell, activity and attraction I mix it say 50/50 with a more expensive mix from Van den Eynde or Sensas etc.

McPlop

Reaction score
Cheers for that old bean. Only just joined this site, but have already picked up a load of usefull hints and tips. p.s cant help but think you bare an uncanny resembalence to Mr Moyes.