CATFISH HELP at REVELS

trevfish61

Reaction score
Hi,I am going fishing for the first time for catfish,the lake I'm gonna fish is the specimen lake at Revels Fishery at Cosmore nr Dorchester,I've been told they are upto 38lbs,wots the best bait,fresh fish or fishy boilies,or something else?I'm gonna use 2.75lb tc with 15lb mono on shimano 8010's,will that be ok?Many Thanks.

Colin Harlow 2

Reaction score
tackle seems ok try fishing live maggots on a ring and feed frozen maggots about 2/3 pints per day had 2x 24lb cat using them there try slack line close in or small livebait

trevfish61

Reaction score
Thanks Colin,will give it a go,we only got 24hrs on the specimen lake but we are there for a week at the end of April,I am really after carp myself,but have been told that big carp are in specimen lake,I'd love to get my first 20lber.PS What size hooks and hooklength(strength)

Mike McHugh

Reaction score
Mmmm Mmmmm catfish. Well I don't know what you use over there for catfish, but here in the States, I like to use worms, small fish, or crawdads, fake or real i guess, whichever you are in the mood for. I don't know if it would work over there though, because the fish might be more accustomed to different types of foods. I don't see any reason they wouldn't though. I would give it a try.