Clipping up

S

sharpster Surname

whats the best way of clipping up/maintaining accuracy?

Please?!

T

Terry D

Can you be a bit more specific and let us know what you're getting at.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Legs apart, and stand in "exactly" the same spot on each cast. Bring the rod directly over your head, and cast it to the area that you want to.

Tie a piece of marker braid or pole elastic (No 4) to your mainline, at the end of your rod or just after the reel. When you hear the braid going through the rod rings, it is then time to feather your line down. It's a bit safer than clipping up. Although after a bit of practice, clipping up is okay instead of useing the marker braid or pole elastic.

samuelpitamber

Reaction score
I've started fishing the method feeder on my local commercial, although I can cas along the same line, I've been 'catching' the island alot and it's costing a few quid in feeders! people have talked about clipping up/ backwinding/ counting the number of handle turns etc

thaks Baz

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

On your first cast towards the island, make sure you cast short of it. Pull a few feet of line off your spool, clip up and cast again.

If you are still well short of the island, pull a few more feet of line off and cast again then clip up once you have the distance spot on. In other words, inch your way towards the island, pulling more line off and clipping up until you are spot on.