Eccentric or just damn TIGHT

blounty65

Reaction score
Help...... I think im turning into my grandad i have not only been making my own boilies but today while in the supermarket i purchased three loaves of out of date bread for about 50p rushed home and spent 4 hours making groundbait much to my wifes horror. ive emptied the cupboards of anything remoteley could be added as particle even pinched some of the dogs biscuits much to his dismay. I just hope it works now lol

dangermouse

Reaction score
lol Welcome to the club Pete :D

I regularly visit the supermarket on Sunday afternoons to try and pick up a few loaves of cheap bread for groundbait. I usually use it in combination with Vitalin that I pick up for less than £1 per kilo.

blounty65

Reaction score
Ive never spent so much time in the kitchen mixing all sorts of concoctions and potions not to mention the odd nasty smell that her indoors complains about. i just tell her that one of these days it might make me a fortune lol but its good fun trying them out, im yet to catch anything on my strawberry boilies or my tuna ones. But i live in hope

skullsat

Reaction score
:)just think of the joy you'll have when you do catch a fish on something that you had made from scratch,good luck with it.

ps i'm also a skinflint when it comes to bait,dig my own worms,and the family donate their left over loaves.happy days;)

nocatch

Reaction score
Yep -

welcome to the club Pete :)

tight lines
Mike

blounty65

Reaction score
well it paid off and yes i did a little jig on the bank like footballers do to celebrate... ye haaaa... for those waiting for the recippee it will be in my next book lol

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
a few cheap loafs make a lot of bread crubm - I liquidise the bread then toast the crums then liquidise again - bulks out expensive ground bait and makes a good swim filler for when the carp are on the food- by that I mean it fills the swim with bits of bread (I wet it down) and hten fish a bread flake over it

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
A mix like this would benefit greatly from some mollases ,treacle,mollasses is miles cheaper from the horse food shops though.
Eccentric and tight is the best way mate.

blounty65

Reaction score
all i really did was waz the bread in a liquidizer then baked it dry in the oven and wazed it again, cheap pkt of cornflakes wazed. some pellets also wazed i added some chilli flake some curry leaves and this one will make you smile sage and onion stuffing, few wazed dog treats single packet of custard powder to help in binding it then when i mixed it up on the bank i used a full tin of sweetcorn completeley obliterated in the blender then for extra moisture lake water coloured with green food dye. i fished this on a drennan 25g feeder with tripple red maggot on a 16 hook first fish perch to just under 3 a pb for me was well chuffed then i was having bream and tench steadily. i would like to think it was my groundbait but who knows. the next lot i make i will use white bread as i think that would bind better