I need a set of scales

fordy81

Reaction score
Although my objective when fishing isn't about 'how big', in the last few sessions I've had PB crucian, rudd and roach, and probably bream and tench as well.

However not having a set of scales means I'm now left wondering what they might have weighed. :confused:

Can anyone recommend a decent pair? And whether or not I should get digital? I'm happy to spend £50, maybe a bit more.

Thanks very much

B

binka

Although my objective when fishing isn't about 'how big', in the last few sessions I've had PB crucian, rudd and roach, and probably bream and tench as well.

However not having a set of scales means I'm now left wondering what they might have weighed. :confused:

I'm in the same boat having been guestimating weights for a long time unless there was someone nearby with a set, I was happy doing this to be fair until I was getting funny looks off my mate yesterday when guessing a barbel to be a safe 7, possibly a bit more.

It was only when he suggested weighing it just to see that I realised I've been a little too "on the safe side" as this 7 turned out to be a 9 and he's verified the scales at work today and they're bang on.

Thanks for the link Fred, they look a decent compact set of scales and I think i'll invest in a set :)

B

binka

Cheers Fred, they're the ones I had in mind... those 12lb ones are gonna be no good when I get my new zander pb this winter :D

fordy81

Reaction score
What's the general consensus on digital scales? Are they as reliable/accurate?

black rod

Reaction score
I have had a set of Fox digital scales since they first came out and they are 100% accurate, I have noticed that a lot of the coarse record fish over the last few years have been weighed on them and when they have been sent to be checked they have always found them 100% accurate. I also have a set of the Korum ones and have found them very reliable to.

Attachments

• fox digital scales.jpg
    fox digital scales.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 63
  • korum digital scales.jpg
    korum digital scales.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 66

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I've only used the ones Fred recommends and found them first class. No, they don't give absolute accuracy and a 2lb roach may well be 1lb 15ozs but for me they do the job. With hardly any weight to speak of it's a great addition to the bag.......

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I've only used the ones Fred recommends and found them first class. No, they don't give absolute accuracy and a 2lb roach may well be 1lb 15ozs but for me they do the job. With hardly any weight to speak of it's a great addition to the bag.......

. . . . . on Mr Morespider's Scales that Roach would have been at least 3lbs 6ozs, and more if weighed on the bounce . . . . . .

barbelboi

Reaction score

I also have a set of them and had a similar problem in reverse some years ago with two 3.15 crucians, one at Yately and one at Marsh Farm..................they obviously weight light;)
Jerry