Light feeder/ledgering

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Only thing i's use a target board for would be to shoot it ! ;)

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Put a swingtip or quivertip next to a target board in the wind and you will not be striking at every little knock and movement. Target boards seem to be out of fashion ,due to a lot of people fishing commercials and want wrap around bites showing on the tip. But on natural venues they can be invaluable where bites can be at a premium.

O

O.C.F.Disorder

I have a target board, rarely use it but it it can make a hell of a difference. I thought it was gimmicky too until I used it. Its amazing, you see little knocks that you just wouldn't without it. In windy conditions you feel the wind and see the tip sway with it so it gives you much better indication overall. I find im aware of bites a lot sooner and waiting less time before being sure its a bite and striking. I am writing all this and wondering why i dont use mine... Maybe I will fish it out for my trip to stratford on avon on wednesday.

Notts Michael.

Reaction score
YouTube

This yootube vid explains it well, I have made a small plastic version of this type at work which attaches with tape to any rod, like the one pictured, with a 2.5mm thread to take any threaded quiver tip. haven't had chance to use it yet!

hawb811

Reaction score

hawb811

Reaction score
you could also get a cadence wand for shy biting fish with tips as low as .25 oz

JohnSLocker

Reaction score
Afternoon, I've started back fishing this year, I started off float fishing as that's all I was taught when I was younger and I'm very confident with this method.

I've recently had the urge to have a go at ledgering/feeder fishing so purchased light rod, the drennan red 9ft mini carp feeder that comes with a 1oz and 2oz quiver tip and I was hoping for advice for a complete beginner on fishing this. I've had some success on fishing a brook and had perch and chubb however I find it trickier on stillwater and proper rivers, I'm aware it's just a margin rod really so any advice on how to use it efficiently would be much appreciated.

I currently cast out to the left or right of where I'm sat and reel in till there's a slight bend on the tip however I've heard of not tightening the line to leave more slack to reduce resistance. I have just been using a running rig.

Much appreciated,

Josh

Hi Josh,
I'm by no means an expert but this is a little video from a recent session I had using only simple feeder tactics and simple gear and get some nice fish.