Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Light feeder/ledgering

Only thing i's use a target board for would be to shoot it !

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

Put a swingtip or quivertip next to a target board in the wind and you will not be striking at every little knock and movement. Target boards seem to be out of fashion ,due to a lot of people fishing commercials and want wrap around bites showing on the tip. But on natural venues they can be invaluable where bites can be at a premium.

O.C.F.Disorder Guest

I have a target board, rarely use it but it it can make a hell of a difference. I thought it was gimmicky too until I used it. Its amazing, you see little knocks that you just wouldn't without it. In windy conditions you feel the wind and see the tip sway with it so it gives you much better indication overall. I find im aware of bites a lot sooner and waiting less time before being sure its a bite and striking. I am writing all this and wondering why i dont use mine... Maybe I will fish it out for my trip to stratford on avon on wednesday.

i some time use target board not as much as i use to

I find if I cannot fish a feeder tip at an angle or the wind is knocking the tip about I sink the tip 2" and use a sidewinder the will fit any rod

http://

Premier Tipmaster XTREME Feeder Tip Master Bite Indicator Quiver Rod X3 TIPS | eBay
    Trust me I’m an Engineer

This yootube vid explains it well, I have made a small plastic version of this type at work which attaches with tape to any rod, like the one pictured, with a 2.5mm thread to take any threaded quiver tip. haven't had chance to use it yet!

Quote Originally Posted by chrissh View Post
    i some time use target board not as much as i use to

I find if I cannot fish a feeder tip at an angle or the wind is knocking the tip about I sink the tip 2" and use a sidewinder the will fit any rod

http://

Premier Tipmaster XTREME Feeder Tip Master Bite Indicator Quiver Rod X3 TIPS | eBay
    yep, best way to bomb/ledger on a windy day, best to keep your line straight with the rod

you could also get a cadence wand for shy biting fish with tips as low as .25 oz

Quote Originally Posted by hawb811 View Post
    you could also get a cadence wand for shy biting fish with tips as low as .25 oz
    Do you have one ? Just had a quick read and I like the idea of the very light tips.

Quote Originally Posted by cooketurnover View Post
    Afternoon, I've started back fishing this year, I started off float fishing as that's all I was taught when I was younger and I'm very confident with this method.

I've recently had the urge to have a go at ledgering/feeder fishing so purchased light rod, the drennan red 9ft mini carp feeder that comes with a 1oz and 2oz quiver tip and I was hoping for advice for a complete beginner on fishing this. I've had some success on fishing a brook and had perch and chubb however I find it trickier on stillwater and proper rivers, I'm aware it's just a margin rod really so any advice on how to use it efficiently would be much appreciated.

I currently cast out to the left or right of where I'm sat and reel in till there's a slight bend on the tip however I've heard of not tightening the line to leave more slack to reduce resistance. I have just been using a running rig.

Much appreciated,

Josh
    Hi Josh,
    I'm by no means an expert but this is a little video from a recent session I had using only simple feeder tactics and simple gear and get some nice fish.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123