Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Groundbait Recipes for Method Feeder??

Hi,

Just wondering if people have any advice / tips on a good groundbait recipe for an in-line method feeder set-up?

Plus how often do people recast their method feeders??

Many thanks

Default Re: Groundbait Recipes for Method Feeder??

I very rarely use method feeders with groundbait, however the best place for help with this will be YouTube, loads of videos on there for help on how to mix shop brought groundbaits.

One thing I will say is, you want to fish waters 4 foot or less for that method due to water pressure knocking the bait off. Also reference your recasting that depends on how much bait you wish to introduce.

I suggest have a look on you tube and come back with more questions after you have seen some how to videos.

Good luck
    The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams!

My base method is one Andy Findlay introduced called 2:2:1.

Mix 2 parts micros to 1 part groundbait (I use Sonubaits match method mix but any fish meal based will do), Dry.

Then add 2 parts water. Mix well, cover and leave for 20 mins.

Perfect!

My base method is one Andy Findlay introduced called 2:2:1.

Mix 2 parts micros to 1 part groundbait (I use Sonubaits match method mix but any fish meal based will do), Dry.

Then add 2 parts water. Mix well, cover and leave for 20 mins.

Perfect!

Thanks Daniel,

What do you put on the method instead of groundbait? Do you go straight to pellets only?

Thanks G.E.

So as an example could that be 2 pints micro pellets, 1 pint Groundbait, 2 pints water?

Yes though for a session that might be rather a lot. I use a plastic drinking cup, like you get off water dispensers.

If you try it, let me know how you get on?

Thanks GE and yeah that would be a lot! But, it was the easiest way for me to check I was understanding your ratios correctly.
    Thanks and I’ll let you know how I get on!

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs

Another option for micro and groundbait is.. Have a tub of micros wetted down with a few 4mm in with them, put wetted micros on feeder with a couple of 4mm, and use as you normally would, Then have a bait tub/bowl of method groundbait mixed, and use that on its own with chosen hookbait, if using pellets on hook, you could try catapulting say two or three over the top where feeder has landed, using separate approaches like this will give you an idea on which is working the best, Use this in two different swims, then you have a throwaway line, As for moving the feeder, once you have cast out and put some feed down, leave it until you get a bite,but i never leave it longer than 15 minutes, that is my preference, others may say different. On some waters this could be a couple of minutes, others upto 15,Any longer i will either cast slighty longer or shorter or to the left or right.

This is very interesting, especially around the use of just pellets on the method.

I’ve used a pellet / groundbait combination as described above on waters where gb is allowed for some time but this really questions the use of pellets alone as it seems unlikely this will present the bait properly.

An interesting watch for anyone that fishes the method.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast