Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Best all rounder 8lb mono ?

Quote Originally Posted by daniel121 View Post
    Oh I agree mate 100%, don't get me wrong.

I use a braid for super long distance feeder work, daiwa tournament St for all other feeder work, Preston reflo power for pole rigs and hook links and maxima from 2lb to 4lb for almost everything else.

But the OP wanted a one size fits all line, to me that's maxima. But it's all personal daiwa sensor debates on this forum proves that
    Why do you favour the maxima sir ?

Have bought 300m of Sensor, so will see how that pans out this weekend.....

Thanks for the input guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Hertsbloke View Post
    Why do you favour the maxima sir ?
    Sorry for late reply. The answer is I've used it for years it's very durable, flexible reel line and trustworthy reel line, it's time tested and I have 100% confidence in it.
    The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams!

Good luck mate, it's a marmite line is sensor many love it.
    The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams!

So, Sensor then...seems OK, but can tangle off the spool occasionally, plus after a big fish fight seems very twisted...

Is this the nature of the beast ?

Bait runner reels are the best at putting a twist in any line. Buy yourself a spin doctor

Also you might have to much line on your reel

Last edited by chrissh; 11-09-2019 at 21:23.
    Trust me I’m an Engineer

I’ve put 8lb & 6lb Sensor on all my small Baitrunners and I have 15lb Daiwa Hypersensor, (same colour, thinner diameter) on my two larger Baitrunners that does for pike fishing.

Sensor is a no-nonsense line with good tensile strength and a bulk spool, kept in a dry, dark place, will last a couple of seasons, depending how fussy you are about changing your mono.

Quote Originally Posted by John Keane View Post
    I’ve put 8lb & 6lb Sensor on all my small Baitrunners and I have 15lb Daiwa Hypersensor, (same colour, thinner diameter) on my two larger Baitrunners that does for pike fishing.

Sensor is a no-nonsense line with good tensile strength and a bulk spool, kept in a dry, dark place, will last a couple of seasons, depending how fussy you are about changing your mono.
    Exactly. I have a Drennan series 7 float reel. The spools are very shallow and take about 100 yds give or take.
    After a few sessions where I ditch the first few yards where the shot has been pinched etc I renew it with cheap as chips Sensor from those bulk spools. On this reel not 8lb as the post says but the principal is the same with my pins with heavier line I use for close up carping.

As for line twist I think bait runners are a major factor although I have just ditched a Shakey Mach 3 reel that seemed to have developed a fault and made the line a terrible mess. Life is to short to try to fix it.
    Last edited by john step; 19-09-2019 at 09:57.

Why should a bait runner create line twist? The line is pulled off under tension which may be the cause as opposed to just spooling off on the cast. However a cast can be 100 metres or more whereas the line allowed an errant carp is far less and might be only 10 metres or so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    Why should a bait runner create line twist? The line is pulled off under tension which may be the cause as opposed to just spooling off on the cast. However a cast can be 100 metres or more whereas the line allowed an errant carp is far less and might be only 10 metres or so.
    I can’t remember when any of my reels caused me problems with line twist, with or without having a baitrunner function. The last time was about 20 years ago when I used to cast Carp rigs to the horizon on a regular basis, but even then it was fairly rare.

You watch; now I’ve said that, it will start happening to me again

Keith
    Last edited by Keith M; 19-09-2019 at 13:31.
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast