Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Method feeder tips

Everyone has their own faddy ways of doing pellets. My faddy way is to put Ringers Method Micros, in a bait box and add just enough water to soak the pellets so that you can
    “make puddles” on the surface by gently pressing down with fingertips. Leave them half an hour to absorb all the water, stir them around and then use. Freeze any left over and repeat as many times as you like.

Alternatively, dump the Method Feeders and use Hybrid or Banjo Feeders and the whole process of getting the pellets “just right” and trying to prevent them sticking to the mould becomes redundant!

It grieves me to say that whilst useless at most things piscatorial, preparing micros has never presented a problem. I add just enough water to make them damp stirring thoroughly with a spoon. I then set up my rod, pour a coffee or have a pee and they are ready. After the first cast I mix them again and that’s it. In warm weather and direct sunshine they will need dampening down but they stick and work well. I also buy coppens or skrettings in 5 or 10 kilo quantities. The smaller proprietary bags are stupidly expensive imo.

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    It grieves me to say that whilst useless at most things piscatorial, preparing micros has never presented a problem. ... coffee ... pee
    So your secret is warm liquids

I'll get my coat

I would, a waterproof one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12