Length of line between end of pole and float

John Keane

Reaction score
Is that the conny whip John ,? I am looking for a decent tele/take apart. I had the 8 metre SR3 Whip.at shorter lengths it was good, go out to 8 metres and it was heavy.

Dunno Mark, I’ll have to go rummage in the garage later for a look and get back to you.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Thanks John, I saw the blue and white daiwa whips in north west angling last week when out with Collin Hall. Didnt pick one up for a waggle, I think they do a range from 2.5 metres upto around 8 metres,

John Keane

Reaction score
This is it Mark, around £20 but now discontinued. Nice and light and does the job a treat!

Attachments

• 9200E1C7-5DDA-414D-8D25-10EB3145C4A5.jpeg
    9200E1C7-5DDA-414D-8D25-10EB3145C4A5.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 133

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Yeah, I'm probably going to learn more doing than reading, trial and error etc,

Theres more than 1 way to fish even on the same venue,

I'm just a sponge at the moment trying to absorb as much as I can from as many people as possible, some of it easy absorbed some of it not so,

I will try 1 way and if that's not working I will try what somebody else suggests and keep doing so until I find the right balance for me,

No 2 days are the same even on the same venue i would imagine so I'm aware I will often have to swap and change,

I dont fish on fisheries at the moment I'm not willing to embarrass myself lol,

Just fishing my local canal so dont have to worry to much about big fish, but it would be nice to be able to deal with the odd one that comes along,

That's why I was thinking short pole/whip with a bit of elastic just incase I get a surprise,

I thought the definition of a whip was its length rather than if it was elasticated or not, and I only base this on the fact that short poles that are elasticated are advertised as whips, on ebay anyway,

Just wish this weather would hurry up and change for the better so I can get stuck in and give it a good crack.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

I would suggest you either go on your own or with some who knows what they are doing. Also take a booklet and pen with you and jot down any mistakes you made and how you rectified them, also write down method, bait and conditions,venue, you may spend more time jotting things down than actual fishing, but at least you will be better prepared next time you go.

POLEMINATOR

Reaction score
I keep seeing a Leeda concept GT comes with a solid flick tip and and elasticated tip so you can use either maybe worth a try for me for the price

POLEMINATOR

Reaction score
You're obviously after lots of pole fishing info. Second hand copies of the pole fishing book I did are on ebay/Amazon for as little as a fiver posted (i get nothing from these sales as it is out of print) and will have all the info you need for not much more than the cost of a fishing magazine. Pole Fishing - A Complete Guide by Mark Wintle
Finally got to read your book mark,

Really really helpful, it covers all the things I've been thinking about and asking questions about and lots more that I have not even thought about,

I would love one of them old cane poles that are illustrated in the book, but I bet they are hard to find and cost an arm and a leg when you do,

Fantastic read that I have no doubt I will keep going back too,

Thanks again.