Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Poles separating and sorting

Mark I’ve had a look left them on the wet grass and in the sun all but one of them I can now get apart!
    I have no idea about poles but think I may have just 1 that’s complete
    That’s a ngt car basher has a very short tip section so unsure if that is correct.
    Also there’s a maver Moby dick 1080 I’m pretty sure one section is only half the length it should be and the other bit is missing.

The other is a badger targa 8 sections it says but one section looks completely different make up to the rest.
    There’s also a silstar 20’ whip that’s completely stuck
    Same section as above but from the other end.

& a Shakespeare telescopic whip job that looks complete apart from a butt cap.

If you can shed any light I’d be great full but apart from the ngt pole I think they are all broke or missing something or other ??
    Been a nice morning to be out sorting it. If nothing else I’ll know it’s beyond use and have got a decent spare rod bag !

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

As far as I am aware the silstar whip is telescopic. All sections pack into the maver moby dick.the maver half section is called a dolly butt and will fit between the two largest sections.as you say the Shakespeare is telescopic.Dont worry about short tip section on NGT, it could have been cut back to accept heavy elastic . The section in your hand looks chipped, very fine wet and dry will cure the edge.place vertical on wet and dry on hard surface and rub gently.
    I would take the whip to tackle shop,,if you cant get the sections out from the bottom of larger section to clean them. It should work same way as Shakespeare whip. The length of the silstar suggests it is all telescopic, I would get it sorted, they are a brilliant whip and possible collectors item. People are always after silstar tackle,The broken section of maver can be over wrapped possibly about £25 to have it done,
    Last edited by markcw; 08-04-2020 at 16:57.

Blog Entries

A silstar multimesh 600 whip sold for £55 on ebay in 2018. I would keep it and get it sorted if I was you

Thank you Mark for all your help. I’ll definitely take it all to my local tackle shop whenever we get out of this lockdown.
    Think I’ve cracked that silstar whip trying to wiggle it out ! But nothing ventured and all that.

Once again thank you for your help Poles separating and sorting

Blog Entries

Happy to help Rich.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12