best bait for carp?

chub angler

Reaction score
Im going to fish my local carp pool the biggest carp are 12/13lb whats the best bait to use this time of year?. theres no bait bans.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Thats an easy question to answer. What you need to do is go to your local tackle shop and buy the complete range of the latest boilies, dips, glugs and matching pellets and paste. You will need two different sorts one for each rod.

or

sweetcorn, pepperami and pellets will be fine

in fact most things that Chub eat the Carp will eat too.

Gary Dolman

Reaction score
Worms or worm pieces rarely fail, but as the water warms up everything else races the carp for them.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Small Yellow pinapple boilies preferably popped up, dipped in EA pineapple flavour and liquid betaine sweetner

Louis

Reaction score
Last week end I used luncheon meat and marmite. Worked a treat on a 13lb common plus 6 smaller.

chub angler

Reaction score
Thanks Louis the problem I have is one pool the carp want boilies pellets etc. And on the other they wont touch them or anything ledgered. Its a clear water pool so can I still fish off the top in winter.

GoodOldBoy

Reaction score
Pellets are good all year round, Meat, Bread. Maybe have a quick walk round the lake before you go and see what baits are being used by the other anglers...

Good luck Chub angler.

Henrik

Reaction score
If the fishery is hard fished, so some baits might not work. Try different baits, since some of the bait might recall bad memories for some carp. One carp might dislike corn and take pellets instead and vice versa. So, change your hookbait and find it out on trial and error -method.