loads of help needed

D

Darren Render

please can somebody help a helpless but keen beginer to coarse fishing..!!!
I've done quite a bit of sea fishing but really wont to start coarse fishing but i really need some help to get me started. Can anybody tell me how you set the right depth with your float so your bait is on the bottom and how do you know how much shot to put on the line and how to space it right. And last of all with sea fishing when you join the trace to main line you use a swivel how do you do it with coarse fishing. I don't know anybody to ask at my local lake yet so all help would be recived with many thanks..

R

Richard Drayson

Hi Darren,

As Dave O'L says above, David Cooper has covered all the basics in a series of articles which includes float fishing.

Follow the hyperlink by clicking here and this will take you to David's first article.
Scroll to the bottom of that page to find further articles in the series.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Dave will be resuming his beginner's series in the near future.

D

Darren Render

Thanks for the help,
Found the beginners series by Dave cooper finding it very helpfull. Still cant find how to tie the hook to nylon to main line,whots a over hand knot and how do you tie it...

R

Richard Drayson

Graham has an article on useful anglers knots here

If you want to tie a hook to nylon use the loop to loop method.

D

Darren Render

I keep reading about the loop to loop method but cant find how to tie it or how to tie the right loop knot.....???

D

Darren Render

just found how to tie the lool to loop knot, on one of the link sites, Tonbridge Angling good site. thanks for all your help..

S

Stu Black

Double overhand knot-make a big loop of your main line, wrap it round your thumb twice, and then put the end of the loop through the 2 coils on your thumb.

Figure of 8 knot- make a loop, take it back over itself then take the loop end back through the the coil youve just made.

hard to explain in just words!! The fig 8 knot is the stronger one because the line doesnt strangle.

S

Stu Black

That'll teach me to open all the threads in different windows and miss by 15 mins!

P

peter webber

Darren from this and your other post asking about Kent waters to fish, you might not be too far from me.
Send me it in a private E-mail if you like but let me know where you are, maybe we could get together and I could show you how to do some of the things your having trouble with.

Maybe even show you a few good waters around this area that would help you get some pratice in .

I've just been voted in as match sec of my club so will be doing a lot of running around looking for good waters to fish our matches so with the ones I know allready will be adding them to the water list on here.