Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: plumb the depth

When plumbing the depth Iam always unsure if i have spooked the fish. This
    is when I want to go beyond the rod tip
    Is there a lighter way apart from useing
    a huge plumb, only I have heard it said
    also that moving the shot up and down the line weakens it any ideas anyone.??

Trevor try using a swan shot or a AAA pinched directly onto the hook

SHOT CAN WEAKEN THE LINE WHEN MOVED UP & DOWN THE LINE A NUMBER OF TIMES WHEN PLUMBING THE DEPTH, WHAT I USUALLY DO IS TO ATTACH THE FLOAT USING A PIECE OF FLOAT RUBBER, THEN ADD THE SHOT WHEN I HAVE FOUND THE RIGHT DEPTH. THIS NOT ONLY REMOVES THE RISK OF WEAKENING THE LINE, BUT ALSO YOU CAN GET A TRUER READING AS THE ONLY WEIGHT THERE IS TO COCK THE FLOAT IS THE PLUMMET.

I have to agree with Richard for the best way to plumb the depth, but 1 bit of advice is to either make a mental note of the depth or write it down so u dont need to keep doing it in the same place more than once

TRY MARKING THE DEPTH ON YOUR ROD OR POLE WITH CORRECTION FLUID CLIP YOUR HOOK PULL TIGHT AND MARK THE TIP OF YOUR FLOAT ON YOUR ROD OR POLE

If you already have some sort of idea of the depth just shot up your float correctly and then squeeze a swan shot straight onto the hook.Get the depth sorted out like that and then remove the swan shot.

....oops, sorry Rickey

HAS ANYONE HAD SUCCESS WITH STRAWBERRY PELLETS

.........nope, they're useless for plumbing the depth Juggsy, stick with the swan shot or a plummet.

Fred Bonney Guest

Hehe,why's everybody shouting???