What are the best summer baits? SECRET reciepes that work for people?

Michael Stephenson

Reaction score
I know baits such as corn in various colours and flavours are a successfull bait, but which colours and flavours are best in ponds fishing for carp?
I tryed worm last year in sunny weather and caught carp all day, but it didn't attract the biggest in the pond. I have been told this is a better bait for perch, just wondering if my good day was a fluke? Altough the pond which i used it on isn't fished barely at all so maybe the fish are less fussy?
I would be gratefull to any help!

S

Stu Black

Carp will eat anything. Worm is a good bait for anything that swims.

Tony Nixon

Reaction score
my biggest carp was 17.5LB ON MY LOCAL LODGE THE BAIT I LIKE IS RINGER PELLETS CORN MEAT HAD 21 ONE NIGHT PUT A GOOD BED OF BAIT DOWN OF THE BAIT YOU ARE GOING TO USE ALSO FISH BANDDED PALLET

J

jason fisher

it depends what other fish species are in there, worms will catch them but if perch are present you might not keep the worm out of the perch for long enough for the carp to find it.
been at the NEC today and no less a person than rod hutchiinson was extoling the virtues of worm for big carp.

maggots and sweetcorn will work too but again the small fish will take them readily.

J

jason fisher

chef in the carp forum when hutchy, chris yeats,terry hearn, martin bowler and jan porter were on.

if so i was the guy that asked the first question the one that got a laugh. you'll remember me an say hello next time you see me then.

J

jason fisher

further to the rod hutchinson comment,
he said that he had done about 4 years when he had fished almost nothing else but lobworms for big carp and at one point 8 of the 10 biggest fish had been caught on worm.
i've no reason to doubt him on this but don't know if it is true.
there's some one on here who will know though.

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
if fishing for carp with corn take along some of the whole baby corn stuff you know he baby stuff that goes in stir frys
minature corn on the cob, try one on the hook every now and again you might just be surprised...oh and they take a flavour very well!!!!