Blog Comments

You obviously know your rock marks Frothy , that is a fantastic days rock fishing by any standard well done the pair of you

Dave..**** sea angler
    Thanks andy - not too bad for a 3 year old 2mpxl phone!
    A Grand Day Out, Frothey! Great pics.

Andy
    Me, couldn't find the bulb release adaptor so had to use the timer.
    Nice account Frothey, who took the pic? You're obviously tired after the epic battle.

Andy
    A different world! I've not got out of the full thermals yet this year. Water and air temp up here were 3C yesterday!
    The nights are cool now and I have not been shrimp netting in a good wile. One casts a net at night over bait of fish style cat food mixed with cornmeal to bait the shrimp in - but throwing a 10 ft net gets you soaked from chest down so I may be over shrimping for this year. (the shrimp leave for off shore about now anyway.)

This is the harbor where I net - and my net, a very pretty place to be for the last hours befor sunrise - and then the massed commercial shrimp and oyster boats head out in a long line, all lit up and spewing diesel fumes. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2544/...780668c8_b.jpg

I have just come in from pulling my two crab traps, catching 8 keepers, so will boil them tonight and pick the meat. Soon the crabs will move off shore too, or bury in the mud till spring so we have been trapping regularly to get some for the freezer. We eat fish and shell fish about every other day.
    Thanks Dorry - to be fair my skill level is pretty low too!
    You write very well Frothy, giving a good account of the times out. I have been doing less fishing lately as I am mostly a meat fisherman and have been catching plenty - but my formative years were coarse fishing in England and stumbling on this blog has brought back the memories of those days. Although mine were of a low skill level; still it was great times.
    Well done Dave!

Nice fish, shame about the hat . . . . . .
    Well done Frothey on the lake record with such a fantastic fish
    after years of surfing the kent coast in the winter, avoiding the icebergs and brown fish....... no!
    You're welcome to come up and help yourself to our waves mate!
    you should have taken them back......the cheek of some people
    you wait tilll the dove trip, just had to buy a new freezer
    Froth,enough bait for a quick overnighter, you must spend most of the night throwing that lot in, leaving twenty minutes to fish
  17. ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)'s Avatar
    I look forward with interest to how you get on ....
    Super start to what I hope will be a continuing series of blog entries.

Keep them coming Frothey . . .
    Nice one Dave - enjoyable reading.
    The 'quicky' was a result anyway Dave
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast