Auction for A day with Neil Maidment

Cakey

Reaction score
you are bidding on a day with Neil
Neil says " Hi Cakey,

A Day Stalking Monster Trout at Avington (with me):
A fulll day at Avington Trout Fisheries (near Winchester, Hants) home of double figure trout. Three crystal clear lakes in superb surroundings and with excellent facilities.

Morning session, lunch at The Fish Inn and then an afternoon session. Very civilised! Package is worth in the region of £100 for the day.

You don't have to be an expert fly fisher to experience this. All fly gear will be provided if necessary and the winner can keep all the trout we catch.

Date to be arranged but preferably during the Summer/early Autumn to enable us to pick good stalking weather. Midweek or weekend.

My Blog: FishingMagic Forums - My Return To Fly Fishing

Nice Brace: http://www.fishingmagic.com/features/catchreports/14469.html "

cheers Neil a superb day out
all monies to go to Norwich & District Youth Diabetes Group
auction will finish 15/4/10 at 17.30
thanks for looking

Last edited:

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
That's more like it! Although that'll only normally buy you a two fish ticket at Avington!

:D

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
A day on Avington would cost a lot more; so,

My bid is for £90 on the proviso that Neil takes all the fish as I really don't like eating Trout.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Thanks Will and Peter! I'll happily take the fish and get them smoked, give them away, feed the cat etc etc.... as I'm not that keen on eating them as well! :D We WILL catch fish, its just a matter of how BIG! :wh

But there are still a few weeks left before bidding closes!!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I'll have a go at 100 quid then.

Bit risky making a statement like that with me though Neil, I am an expert at blanking!

Very generous Will, thank you.

I forgot to mention, I blanked on my last visit! :eek:

But I studiously ignored the "stockies" in an attempt to snare one of big girls, failed miserably so will have to rely on memories:

Avington-17lbs04oz.jpg

[ame="http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff62/Stourman/?action=view&current=92a51752.pbw"]Avington - Summer 2009 slideshow by Stourman - Photobucket[/ame]

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Congratulations (!) Will and thank you for the winning bid, very generous. I had a wander round there and the big girls are looking very fit and well in their little pond - hopefully a few of them will get transferred to the lakes we can fish! :rolleyes:

So, when suits you the best? Hopefully once the days get a bit warmer and longer we can pick and choose some decent stalking weather. Do you fly fish? Do you need any gear? Absolute necessities are - hat, polaroids and a good sense of humour! :cool:

Looking forward to it.

Reaction score
Hi Neil,

Really looking forward to it.

I have done a bit of fly fishing before, and have a bit of gear, but I have never been very successful. I have certainly never been able to stalk trout before. My little experience has always been on a big reservoir.

Could we leave the day until the summer holidays? I teach so will be off for six weeks from the middle of July and am happy to fit in any time after then.

I have a very nice hat and a suitable pair of sunglasses too. The sense of humour is a compulsary requirement for all Barbel Society committee!

Will