Auctions........................

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Can I please say, on behalf of Di, Michael and myself, a very big thank you to all those who have participated in the auction and of course to Cakey for running the whole thing.

Cakey

Reaction score
update .......£1006 in my hand (paypal and cheques)
with £140 to come from Stuart who seems to have dissappeared but we will give him a few days more

and 4 auctions still running which are................
1 day with PJ
2 day with PJ
3 downtide rods
4 butt bangers

thanks for all your support and donations etc etc

Cakey

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 ----------

plus £50 cheque just through the door.............from Christian I think

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Cakey mate, if you'd like it I have a 24 or 26" television of the old cothode ray tube variety. It is a colour Samsung Black Diamond with remote control and is in very good nick having hardly been used really. Normal RF arial input and two scart sockets.

I am not able to post it anywhere as it weighs what you'd expect an old cathode ray tube TV to weigh and would almost certainly cost more than it's worth.

Anyone, however, prepared to collect it from me (Derby, 10 minutes from the town centre) can have it for a donation to the charity.

Paul H

Reaction score
Right, my memory is obviously a little hazy.

It is a 20" screen, colour tv, silver/grey casing, remote control, RF arial socket and 2 scart sockets. No built in freeview. Not a new fangled flat screen - old school cathode ray tube set but looks like new and is in 100% full working order.

Paul H

Reaction score
Oops, of course. It is labelled as 'Black Diamond', which I believe is made by Mitsubishi.

I have a VCR of the same brand which still gets used and has worked perfectly for a good 8-10 years now.

Also - it is not widescreen format, again it is old school 4/3.

And as I said above it would have to be collected, or I could probably arrange to personally deliver it to a local address (Derby town centre and the local area).

Last edited:

jollyboy

Reaction score
Only just noticed this Jolly,
Cakey left FM last year, from what I have read he is unlikley to return (and a great loss to this forum :().

What a bummer...it is such a shame how politics,ego's and often plain stubbornness cause so much upset on these forums...quite often meaning the more valued member taking there teddies home, Its not getting at them at all its maybe that they have been members a long time and have been on the wheel as such year in year out seeing all comers...its such a shame thats all.

When joining a forum you do so with possible 2 aimes..gathering information or sharing information both include that magic word "Sharing" its is when everyone looses this focus **** happens...And this includes ADMINS.

I look through the search and see many names as "Guest" I can only assume more fall outs...dont know or even want to know what happened...Just a shame thats all

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
With the exception of Facebook, where Cakey is a regular poster, he appears to have stopped posting elsewhere.

That is indeed a big shame (and a great loss to this particular forum). His management and effort on behalf of the charity was immense and generated a lot of goodwill, not to say, considerable sums of money.

I'm aware of a couple of people on here who are more than willing to continue the good work and have tried to contact Richard Farrow, but it seems without success.

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
We'll have to gang up on him on Facebook Neil and tell him if he doesn't come back on here and run his auction he's a big girl's blouse.

And I like what you can find in a big girl's blouse.....:D