Auction For A Day's Winter Roach Fishing On The Hampshire Avon With Nigel Connor

Nigel Connor

Reaction score
A day with me at the famous LAA Britford fishery on the Hampshire Avon at Salisbury from November 2010 onwards on a date to be set.

You may not catch a 2lber but you will never fish any other river where you have a better chance.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
This one Martin?

Oi Hewitt! That's my photo.... please send your royalty cheque asap.

Anyway, that's a bit too far downstream for the BIG roach (unless you can create a depression in mid river, keep on good terms with house owner - "No Fishing"? what no fishing sign - and then arrange for a film crew to record your exploits).

No, definately upstream.... keep walking until you find about a dozen guys pegged out like a match.. or get there early!

Seriously, whoever wins the day out with Nigel is on to a good day with a fair to middlin chance of a very, very nice roach.

Oh and my bid is £30.

:cool:

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Sorry Neil,

It is indeed your photo - take it as a compliment, I trawled all over the net for a picture of that house, but none matched up to yours. As it was already avalible to view on FM I didn't think you'd mind.

Wonderfull venue........

Cakey

Reaction score
Neil wanted longer than the 2 weeks normal on his so I made it 6 weeks so we will do the same to this one

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I fished with Nigel on Friday, conditions were terrible, low, clear, bright sunshine and a horrible downstream cold wind. Despite that, a chap had a 2.12 roach on the float to bread, along with many others over a pound.

I can't imagine how it might have fished if conditions were spot on!

Good luck to the eventual winner, it is a very special place....