An auction for a day and night fishing on the Tidal/ non-tidal Trent with Lee Swords

Lee Swords

Reaction score
I will pay day ticket and bring some beer...I may also cook.

Also I have enough gear to rig up anyone that hasn't done a big river thing before.

Starting price

£5.00

r1paul

Reaction score
I am tempted , very tempted , not only to fish the Trent but to meet the Swordsy geezer , so I will kick it off with £30 , but will be watching with interest .:D:w:w:w:cool:

stuart mitchell

Reaction score
Me too..fish the trent a lot when i can{tidal}...hear a lot about lee...so i double it£60....but i expect fillet steak...and nice bottle of red....make it two....and i make it £80.....saut,e potatoes..crushed...with a trio of seasonal veg...and a little jou......and i bring the caster.

Last edited:

Lee Swords

Reaction score
ok...Lets set the menu.

(Serious here as well)

Fillet steak ( not well done either ) with herb roast vegetables

washed down with a bottle of Chateu neuf du pape or similar

stuart mitchell

Reaction score
Sounds just about right lee.....do me fine......just got to see i get outbid now....when is the closing date.?........what time of year you thinkin about?...and where on the trent?

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Closing date....I don't know.

We can go early season mid season or late season

As for where...you choose Tidal or non tidal I have a few "banker" swims on both

stuart mitchell

Reaction score
Hi Lee
I have to say...i would rather early autum...maybe mid-late sept..after the kids go back to school....would love to fish a non tidal section...as i do not know it very well,but i can fit in with whatever is best for you as far as location and time are concerned....i know you work as a chef...and having done the same for many years myself when i was younger{still do now and again}....i know how hard it is to get free time.....so as you have been kind enough to offer your services for charity.....i think the choice should be yours....i will trust your judgment.....maybe river conditions will make the choice for us at the time?.many thanx.

Cakey

Reaction score
only just found this sorry
keeping it the same as the other lots i.e. 6 weeks ends 12th may so a while to go yet

Cakey

Reaction score
mmmmmmmmmmmm dunno
gets complicated
and I cant get him for the 1st one he won with Nigel Connor :confused:
and he has not posted for ages

stuart mitchell

Reaction score
.Hi Lee....look forward to fishing with you.......and to a delicious meal.....wishing you and all d.v.s.g a great season......med rare please.....heavy on the wine......not to much garlic with the spuds!