New Lake

Daniel Pearce 2

Reaction score
Hi i have just recently been to a new lake in st ives called nance farm does anyone know any good pegs? thanks

N

Nick Austin 2

peg one is always good, no-matter which venue you are on!... ;-)

Failing any sensible advice from here, talk to the locals, look for fish, likely spots, have a prod about with a marker and see if there are any likely looking underwater features?...

J

Jonny Northmore

try fishing the margins,whichever peg your on. Usually never fails.

J

jason fisher

like nick says
talk to the locals, look for fish, likely spots, have a prod about with a marker and see if there are any likely looking underwater features?...
sensible advice on here is usually a bit thin on the ground.

other than that first bit.

S

Stuart Bullard 3

Opposite to car park swim, least touched and waiting to be fished!

F

Frothey

you're forgetiing that all carper fish the far margin though stu, so you'll want to be fishing the car park swim margin

N

Nick Austin 2

Na, that swims no good in the margins, theres a Robin Reliant dumped in there!, lose loads of leads, snagged on the wing mirrors!.

F

Frothey

i always thought it was a dead smooth bar. no wonder i couldnt get a lead to hold on the side of it!

Daniel Pearce 2

Reaction score
I took nick austins advice and fished the pads i had 3 small carp a 6lb and a 4lb bream thanks nick

M

mel Crighton

just look for the rubbish that is left that tells you were the carpers have been ;-)

M

Malcolm Bason

"just look for the rubbish that is left that tells you were the carpers have been ;-)"

Bollox!!! ;-)

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Its alright Malc take no notice......Mel just likes to have a snarl about everything ....He's not happy unless he's moaning ....

M

mel Crighton

Ed, if only that was true, and Malc only joking, look for a clean peg, it was fishing so well he did not have time to eat or drink hahahaa