Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Nick Gardner Guest

I have a Gardner Black Shadow rod pod and have been quiet happy with it until I was doing a 48hr session on a private lake and just as I was setting up, I was screwing on the front buzzer bar and the plastic hole it winds into on the pod, split and now the front buzzer bar can just go round and round.

I have seen many Carp Anglers moving away from Pods and using stainless steel bank sticks which they prefer. Can any of you guys that use this method explain why it should be better than a Pod or is it different horses for different courses?????

Thanks

Nick

Rob Brownfield Guest

I use both. I prefer banksticks (goalpost set up)if the bank is sady or grassey, and a pod if its rocky, stone or wooden. Pods arnt as stable as i would like, without being pegged down, and if u are fishing a very tight baitrunner, u run the risk of the whole pod getting pulled in.

Rod rests are the only option when having to fish "in" the water, such as over reeds etc. and I have 5 foot long jobbies for this.

Tony Lacey Guest

I use a fox euro pod kit top piece of kit the mutts nuts had it over 4 years. Its very stable even when using 3 rods got it at a really good price at Tackle Box at Dartford. Hope it helps Tony.L.

Dave Langford Guest

I use bank sticks all the time,but i am going to maurepaire soon where they dont allow bank sticks
    I will have to invest in a pod and the euro pod sounds ideal.
    dave

The Dinsmores Spiral Point banksticks are very good - they go into almost anything. I use buzzbars that work either as goalposts or centre mounted (three threads), and can almost always get a nice solid setup.

The Gaffer Guest

Hi all, for long distance work or when fishing over gravel bars I use my Stainless SAS Transformer pod to get the rod tips up high.

When I'm fishing mid range or close in I go for single bank-sticks all the time as I like the rods pointing at the terminal tackle.
    My reason for this was I had two big fish on two different occasions by striking when I saw the rod tip 'twitch'!
    On both occasions my bite alarms didn't sound even though they are set very sesitive.

Other than that it depends on the bank, there's nothing worse than trying to get bank-sticks into hardcore!

Atb,

Gaffer.

Rob Brownfield Guest

Forgot to mention, I use the Chris Brown pod system (ala Jim Gibbinson). It can be used as pod or stand alone banksticks or as a goal post setup. It costs 75 and included everything, including 3 buzzer bars that adjust. Well worth the money!..and VERY solidly built (had mine for 8 years now, my mate has had his for 14!)

Nick Gardner Guest

Rob,

Can you still get those Chris Brown system and if so, where?

Nick

Rob Brownfield Guest

Nick

I believe that you can. I last saw it advertised about 6 months ago in one of the carp mags, or was it Predator mag..not sure. I will get the phone number off my pod (I think its still on it) and let u have that. Hopefully he may still have the same number.

Ron Clay Guest

I use a forked stick cut from the hedgerow.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast