Rig articles

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Stu, we're meeting at the Stow on Tuesday and both Rik and me will bring our rig boards with us and we can spend some time on what rig, what for and why at the base level (which I personally believe you're a lot further on with).

With regard to your point above about the grid, then I'll say the same to you as I just did to Rik on the phone. I understand why you would want a grid to reference etc, but long term it would be detrimental to your carp fishing. I found the transition from leisure fishing to carp fishing a difficult one, but once I got a good understanding of the more basic elements, and steered clear of the marketing of 'all' products being pushed down my throat, there was no stopping me.

With respect, I think that?s what you are suffering from a little. It's that slight push up and you're be away so lets cover that at the stow.

B

Big Rik

"I don't have an issue with a brief description of why use them (final column Rik?)"

and another column which says which is the best bait to use?

F

Frothey

following on from the braid/boom thing......what about how the rigs actually lay when cast out....bit cold to don the chesties and get in the margins this time of year though...

J

jason fisher

following on from the braid/boom thing......what about how the rigs actually lay when cast out....bit cold to don the chesties and get in the margins this time of year though...

not to cold to drop em in the bath though.

F

Frothey

thats the point though, unless you're dropping them in the edge (of the lake) you'd have to throw them into the bath. might dent it.

G

Gary Knowles 2

Stu / Rik,

Have you maanaged to find a rig that AVOIDS carp when I'm fishing for proper fish....

J

jason fisher

barney, try any one that i've had some thing to do with.

J

jason fisher

i'll ave you know i'm the new slimline version jason mr barron.
i'm now well on the way down to 15 an half stone, an i'm not stopping till i can get me old trousers on neither so there bluddi cheek 3 bath mats indeed.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
See what moving back up north as done for you Jason. That couple of degrees difference means you burn more energy just keeping warm. Which means you start looking like a fine specimen of a man again.