Keeping it simple?

BapAndFuro

Reaction score
Loads of people give the adivce with carp fishing 'keep it simple' which I agree with. What rigs and bait would you consider 'simple' for carp fishing? :cool:

africandan

Reaction score
ive only just started fishing so take what i say with a pinch of salt :rolleyes:

anyhow, the rig i used which i think is pretty simple is using them safety rig things where the clip together with a swivel init an clip a lead to it, main line to one end of swivel and hooklength to the other with a pva bag on the hook an some bait (i used hair rigged sweetcorn with some nice free offerings in the bag). simple even for me, plus with my in-experience if i lose a fish by snapping line it all breaks apart so fish not carryin the lead about (i think)

or like above some bread on a hook, cant get simpler than that a suppose

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Bread
Crust
Worm
Corn
Artificial baits
Pellet

Last edited:

The Bone Collector

Reaction score
Very helpfull indeed:rolleyes:

Stuck it on because I was leaving work and turning PC off, although a jocular remark it kept it on the page and took it back to the top of the page.

Usually when the first post to a thread arrives others follow.

I knew full well that others would later reply and help the member out as they usually do and have since proved.

When I have the time I will add my two penneth with what I consider simple.

Maybe you want to explain a simple rig to him and also explain its hook mechanics. lol :wh

Dave....... only use mash. ;)

Frothey

Reaction score
Why is using pellet or corn any simpler than using boilies? It's not like people make their own any more.....

Dave....... only use mash. ;)

Genius! Is that a BCSG secret You'll have them after you for letting that one out.... Do you prepare your own, or use a packet mix? Which one's best for thirties?

Last edited:

Keith M

Reaction score
ive only just started fishing so take what i say with a pinch of salt :rolleyes:

Anyone tried Chips (you can take them with a pinch of salt too) ;)

A simlple method I often use is dapping in the margins with air injected lobs, or freelining a bait close in, can't get much simpler than that can you?

Last edited:

Shine

Reaction score
Loads of people give the adivce with carp fishing 'keep it simple' which I agree with. What rigs and bait would you consider 'simple' for carp fishing? :cool:

A rod, reel, hook, line, bread is simple enough.

or

A standard carp rig with a boilie on it. If you can't use boilies on the lake you fish I'd say luncheon meat.

Nathan

Reaction score
simple running rig with any ready to use bait. It doesn't matter if thats corn/boilies/pellet/meat etc etc.

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Why is using pellet or corn any simpler than using boilies? It's not like people make their own any more.....
I make my own, am I the only one left now? and I didn't say they were simpler Dave, buuuuuut, I've caught on pellet and corn...... unlike your boilies............. maybe it was the washing up liquid dip for the popups you gave me that kept them away :D

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
You can not have The Latest because as soon as you have it, it is already out of date.
A bit like PC's and Phones ............ might as well stay in bed.

The Bone Collector

Reaction score
You can not have The Latest because as soon as you have it, it is already out of date.
A bit like PC's and Phones ............ might as well stay in bed.

So what you do is tell your pals you are using a prototype rig and bait......

that way its constantly evolving and never out of date. :)