JRC Easy Loader Barrow

r1paul

Reaction score
As anybody got one of these ?
The principle looks good , meshed , two wheels , load it right and minimum weight , pull or push and folds down to very little .
I`ve had a look at one ,but not to sure , it looks a little fragile , the "arm" joints seem a little on the weak side , it may need to be modified , the going price is about £100 , any owners out there ?

Rickrod

Reaction score
The thing about two wheel barrows there great on the flat but a bit awkard on uneven ground

r1paul

Reaction score
I do agree with you mate , my present barrow is two wheeled , but the wheels are small , the JRC wheels are twice the size , plus I think that there is the scope for even bigger .

Rickrod

Reaction score
What about a chub barrow, big wheel solid handle bars for £100 you'll get straps and the bag with it easy to fit into the car as its not the biggest but you can still get loads on it

r1paul

Reaction score
One wheeled barrows are not an option for me , Ive got arthritis in lots of places and quite bad in my feet , a one wheeled barrow is a nightmare , ideally a four wheeled flat trolley would be good but I cant find one of the right size, ,transport is not a problem as I have a van .

r1paul

Reaction score
Prior to putting this thread up I had bid on ebay for a JRC barrow , being a tight arse I only went to £73 bearing in mind another tenner for P&P , I lost that one and put a bid in for another , ( brand new , same firm ) , anyway I got that one for £62 quid plus P&P , which means it`s cheap enough to modifie if I need to .:D

bill2

Reaction score
I bought one of them. It is a good barrow, but it has one or two problems. A minor one is that it's very flat and your gear tends to slide about on it, so you have to lash it down well. Because it's 2 wheeled it mirrors and side slope on the ground making the problem worse. The major problem however is that the flat bed itself will actually slide off of the supporting frame. Not good!! The frame only uses a riveted washer on each corner that supposedly makes it too thick to slip through the loops on the underside of the flat bed. But they do! I fixed the problem by drilling a hole through the loops and frame on each corner and putting a bolt through them both. Job Done.

Last edited:

r1paul

Reaction score
Thanks for that Gill , I will have to put a sack or something to help it grip , I didn`t open the box until yesterday , went to set it up and the tyres are flat , can`t pump them up at the petrol station , the valve is to small :( , so have got to go to Argos to buy a foot pump .:D

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Reaction score
Thanks for that Gill , I will have to put a sack or something to help it grip , I didn`t open the box until yesterday , went to set it up and the tyres are flat , can`t pump them up at the petrol station , the valve is to small :( , so have got to go to Argos to buy a foot pump .:D

Get one of the electric ones --they plug into the lighter socket of your car

Much easier than a foot pump .....

Something like THIS

bill2

Reaction score
Thats odd! I pumped mine up at the petrol station no problem. Tho i had to press the button to let the machine know the tyre was completely flat. perhaps that was the problem?

r1paul

Reaction score
hi Gill , the footpump did the job ok , with regards to the " slippery" mesh , I got some inch thick foam from work , it is used to back steel and has a strong adhesive to make it stick to metal , so will stop the gear sliding .
Have only used the barrow once , but very impressed ,spread the weight right and its like pushing a pram .