2 Rod Pod?

BapAndFuro

Reaction score
Could anyone one recommend a rod pod for two rods?

My current Shakespeare one has about 15 bits and is very unstable. When you pick up one rod, the thing nearly falls over.

I was looking at the Nash H-Gun pod. I've read mixed reviews about Nash pods.

I don't like the ones like this one: From experience they are quite unstable, compared to ones like the nash one above. However if you have one in this style and it's stable and effective please suggest it anyway. :)
silver_rod_pod.jpg

Thanks
BapAndFuro

Last edited:

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I didn't like using Rod Pods when Carp Fishing much prefering to use Bank Sticks, however on some venues i had to use a Rod pod as the ground was just to hard to get Bank Sticks in.
I didn't want anything expensive so i bought the Nash hooligan 2 rod Pod, i found it ok and not really a problem regarding stability, although like a lot of rod pods it uses are limited.

Have a Look here : Nash Hooligun 2 Rod Pod

sagalout

Reaction score
I bought two cheap aluminium ones of ebay (£10 each I think, might have been £15 with postage) then I threw away the buzz bars, cut down the the posts and have perfect (for me) individual rod pods.

pelican5

Reaction score
Hi
ive got the nash hooligan 2, 2 rod pod and ive had no problems with it at all.
quite sturdy and easy to set up. my local tackle shop sold it for £35
ive had it a year now with some good use and even left in water in the swim for 48 hours and no problems with rust.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I use a rod pod and to get over stability problems I peg it to the ground with a bivvy peg and a short loop of bungee elastic.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I finnished up getting the gardner black panther. It will take two or three rods with the panther spray bars.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
The Solar Worldwide Pod comes with no buzz bars, so you can purchase either a 2,3 or 4 rod bar for whatever the venue requires.

Granted they are not the cheapest around, but then quality rarely is cheap.

I set mine up with two short (9") bank sticks, one on the front bar and the other on the rear bar with the solar 'U' shaped 'ears' and this provides for absolute stability.

noknot

Reaction score
My Pod is a Nash Green S/S pod. the engineering is superb with some awesome design features! Heavy, rigid and very stable, whats more if you can find one they are only 50 quid now as opposed to 99 before!!! Will last a lifetime! Mine in action:

cid_8B4CE256-4369-4F81-B376-D82F97EE0E6B.jpg

BapAndFuro

Reaction score
That Chub Vantage looks good, but I can't find any shops selling them on the internet. Same with the Nash S/S Pod.

One of those Solar Worldwide ones would be good but I can't afford to spend that much on a pod. :( Thanks anyway. :)

I like the idea of pegging it down, I'll try it when I get the chance. :D

Thanks for all the suggestions, keep em coming ;)
BapAndFuro

Shine

Reaction score
I do own a pod but hardly use it. For 40 quid I got 4 of these...

FOX CAM ACTION POWERPOINT BANKSTICKS

http://www.rodnline.com/3889456/Fox...le&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=pid3889456

foxppointcamaction.jpg

I can set up the rods in any direction I want. Even one facing forward and one facing behind :confused: :)

If go to the smaller lake where I know the ground is soft then I take the Solar 2 buzz bar and bank stick ready set up...

setupstright.jpg

If not a tart... I didn't even take a spirit level with me :D

Last edited:

noknot

Reaction score
Fair play Dave! But where I fish we have more rockd than the Isle of Fraggle! :j

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 ----------

r1paul

Reaction score
That Chub Vantage looks good, but I can't find any shops selling them on the internet. Same with the Nash S/S Pod.

One of those Solar Worldwide ones would be good but I can't afford to spend that much on a pod. :( Thanks anyway. :)

I like the idea of pegging it down, I'll try it when I get the chance. :D

Thanks for all the suggestions, keep em coming ;)

BapAndFuro

Hi mate , if you want stainless but without the Soler price tag ,get on ebay , find the shop " Fishingmadcouk" , I got a 3rod stainless setup ( Bison ) for abot £60 , you have a choice of buy now or bidding , go for the bidding .:D
That was a goalpost setup by the way .