Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can i get an opinion on the procat baitboat as i am in the market for a baitboat at the moment and i wonder whether to buy one of these brand new or whether its worth getting a microcat secondhand?

Big Rik Guest

Procat

MicroCat

Loads of people on here have the Microcat, don't know anybody with the Pro.

It's smaller..... errrrrr.....

Frothey Guest

have heard the pro has had a few battery "issues". have recently gone up in price as well.
    i'd go for a second hand microcat

They had software problems on one weeks production in october. No problems/issues since. Great little boat if you don't want to carry too much bait or have a long walk to the swim - only weighs 2.75kg.

Sam

Thanks chaps.

I dont put alot of bait out into the places i fish but there can be rather a long walk to alot of my choice swims so im sort of swaying towards the procat.

Cakey Guest

after playing with both I would say go for the cat,also when you move on to bigger things i.e. France etc you wont have to sell the pro and buy a cat !

my mate's have the procat it's only 3 months old and we have already been out in the boat to bring it back to dry land after it had a funny turn half way out it has an amber light on top witch tells you that the batt is flat even when the batt is fully charged in this state it will only go forward's for a few seconds then it packs up and all the lights flash bloody useless and atú325 quid also it suffers from inteferance from other boat's so it dumps the bait willy nilly bloody annoying,

Sounds like the october problem to me. Just ring up AT - they will fix it v. quickly for free.
    The interference can only be another BB user on the same channel - maybe your mate should have checked before operating it.
    Most BB problems are caused by the eejits who use em.

Sam

Cakey Guest

back in the old days radio controllers used to fly coloured flags on their aerials to let others know what crystal/frequency they were using

all 3 boats are on diff channel's but they still interfear with each other so wee only use one boat at a time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast