Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I need to target surface feeding carp. I have tried to modify a spod for floaters by adding a lead to the front but it does not cast well at all usually spilling the contents no more than a rod length out.

i was thinking of using a pva bag with stones in attatched to the line but i can forsee all sorts of problems.

Anyone tried this or got any ideas of how to modifie a spod for this purpose?

Frothey Guest

use the leaded spod, and put some dissolving foam in the end to stop the spill.

Cakey Guest

Wol's chopper ?

Ozz Guest

Put a stone into the pva bag to add weight and it also tends to stop any tangles as the weight acts like a boom.
    Fished a few waters with this method and its worked ok.

Ozz Guest

Bennt...are you ziging or controller fishing?

What sort of distance are you fishing. You could try the Beachcaster rig. Have used this to good effect.

Frothey Guest

Its a death rig!! LOL!!!

Whats a death rig Frothy

Frothey Guest

search back, there was a thread a while ago...... more having a chuckle at the "death rig" thread.
    many people think the beachcaster rig and the way some people use it has too many flaws, and its been blamed for fish damage in the past. but then as has been said, its not the rig its how and when you use it that counts.

The way i rig up it's no more than a running paternoster rig. With a couple of stop knots to catch the line. When a carp is hooked it soon pulls over these as it would if the line breaks.

I have to admit i have seen variations on this were they use swivels to lock the float as a large controller. these are definetly death rigs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast