Any one catch over the bank holiday

Joskin

Reaction score
Our Specimen pit just switched on over the bank holiday weekend with 7 different 30's and loads of 20's.

Has anyone else experienced this feeding frenzy over the bank holiday weekend and what reasons for it can you come up with.

B

BLAM

Several lakes in my neck of the woods are full of carp doing something frenzied in the shallows but its not feeding.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
They turned of on my local water. They were all milling around together in the middle of the lake. general consensus was they were getting ready to spawn.

F

Frothey

went for a walk round one of the local lakes and the owner said they spawned over the weekend....feel the water temps, nowhere near warm enough yet. they do "go through the motions" a lot though.

Joskin

Reaction score
water temp in our pits is just 12 degrees C still.

F

Frothey

i'll be more impressed if you've had a quicky in a lake in the middle of feb......

Nick A

Reaction score
I measured the water temp in our club lake on monday, it was around 18?C.

No sign of spawning, and no action. Saw a few out of a different, shallower, smaller lake on sunday evening, but most of the fish spotted were cruising around in the middle taking in the sun. Interest in floaters was restricted to head butting the odd one every now and then, but no feeding!...

Clikfire

Reaction score
Don't no about the water temperature at the lake I fished Sunday, but in the morning had 5 carp to 7 1/2 lbs on leaded corn.

From 12:30 till 17:00 i couldn't get a bite, so I worked on getting sun burnt!

Then from 17:00 till 20:00 I caught another 8 carp to 10 lbs (don't laugh its my best ever) all on floating crust.

Joskin

Reaction score
18 Degrees C Nick?

The Lakes around here only reached 18 last year by the end of August. (oxfordshire)