hair rigging bread

Carpfish_2004

Reaction score
want to fish with bread on the bottom with a bolt rig?
Has anyone done this and got any tips?

Thanks

Yacko

Reaction score
Danny,
try puting a slice of fake bread and a small amount of real bread. That might beat the small fish but seem more real and have some leak-off.
Yacko.

Carpfish_2004

Reaction score
i was thinking of hair rigging a bead and then wrapping bread around that.

Or another idea ive heard is to make a hair with a large loop, take the crust of a slice of bread and fold it in half longways and the put it thru the loop and then use a cable tie to jion the foled bread and cover the cable tie.

C

Cakey

do it all the time ...go to the bakers and get a split tin ,cut it up into 2" squares (leave as much bread as poss ,this allows little bits to break off and float up) and put it straight on the hook (hook through crust first)
bream and tench love it too so you can go bigger squares if need be

C

Cakey

P.S. I dont use a semi fixed lead all the time ,I like to use solar big run beads and rings this allows me to fish the crust a few inches off the bottom or any where up to floating on top

B

Bully

Cannot really see why you want to hair rig it? I'd just straight hook it......

O

Ozz

Bread is soft enough for the hook to pull straight through on the strike, hair rigging only complicates it, and the hair will slice through the bread as well, so you wouldn't know if you were fishing with a bait or not.

Carpfish_2004

Reaction score
i was just thinking about it regarding casting, to stop it flying off, how far can you lads cast it just moulded around the hook?

Thanks

danco

C

Cakey

when Im floating crust I can cast 100yds plus using the rig that I put on the rig page
when Im casting long distances I put the crust on slightly different to normal ,I push the hook through the crust from the bread side then I wrap the line round the bread twice lift the hook up overthe line and push the hook back into the bread

O

Ozz

70 Yards...ish
You don't have to put all your effort into a cast...technique will put you at that range without much effort, therefore the bait should stay put.

Yacko

Reaction score
Danny, If the crust comes off the hook it's probably to do with the condition of the bread. Might be the wrong type of loaf or the bread is too old. Try a good un-cut loaf and you can seal in a plastic bag for a few days to try to rubberize it a bit. If you get it right it should stay on especially if you wrap the line around like Cakey said.
Yacko

Carpfish_2004

Reaction score
i meant using bread flake on the bottom inconjunction with a semi fixed lead. Just a piece of white bread, not the brust, just to slowly sink and rest on the bottom. I think if i mould it around the hook it should be fine.

I'll do it this sunday and let you lads know how it goes.

danco

Carpfish_2004

Reaction score
john wilson's the man!
brillant fisherman

i looked at your rig cakey and i like it, might try that out in france. Thanks