Mixing technique- method

Yacko

Reaction score
I know this is may have been covered before but doing a search throws up so much I cant get what I want.
Can someone tell me how to mix the method groundbait to avoid making it to cloggy and inert. I have been using vitalin/groundbait and brown crumb and just squidging it up, but I think this is making a very stodgy mix which isn't breaking down. Apart from using less vitalin, substituting with soaked pellet and otherwise changing the ingredients how should I mix it. I think I should mix it more like ground-bait eg. riddling etc.
Help would be appreciated.
Yacko

F

Frothey

let it stand for 10 mins or so after mixing, then add dry 3mm pellets or a prorietary groundbait until you get the right consistency. you'll need to keep damping it down during the day as it dries out.

Robbie H

Reaction score
Yacko, what are you wanting your mix to do? For match style method feeder you need a quicker break down than say method for larger carp. I use the method for larger carp. I use same mix as you but leave it over night to soak up all moisture. This means it binds well and can carry alot of particles which will help break the mix down over time.
If you want to make your mix break down quiker and not so stoggy, try mixing in grilled hemp.
Hope this hepls.

Yacko

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, Robbie- I am not particularly targeting big carp. I vary between using a match approach and heavy larger approach. I am still experimenting but know I need to get the constituency a lot better.I will try the suggestions.
Thanks Yacko