This years charity fish in

C

Cakey

Steve ...Im hoping Frothey will do one of his teach-ins there

Barry.....you can come..........

Posh some more possibles are Ian,Lee,Fat Alex,Cecil

Just back from the Isle of Wight so Im playing catch up ....

F

Frothey

i'm not allowed out to play cakey....i'll send a life size cut out of me with a spod rod in hand. it'll be good target practice!

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Cakey if OK with you we will keep the same two charities.

The two charities supported last year were The East Anglian Air Ambulance and Second Chance. Both charities benefitted last year by ?1300. We took the money for the Air Ambulance in person and they were most grateful, for them it was a large amount. They exist solely on charitable donations and are close to our hearts with the tremendous efforts they put in to save our sons life. Unfortunately they weren't successful, but hopefully some other family will have a heavy cloud lifted from them by their stirling work.
I think most of us know about the good work Second Chance do.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Definitely so far:-
Graham Marsden
'Skive' Johnson
Sascha
Posh
Les Clark
Cakey
Barry Edney

Possibles:-
Wayne Mitchell
Gary Knowles
Ian
Lee
Fat Alex
Cecil

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Steve Smith, last year we said ?50 a person to fish, either from your own pocket or raised by sponsorship, some people raised in excess of ?100. HOWEVER IT IS NOT A COMPETITION AND THEIR IS NO PRESSURE TO RAISE HUGE SUMS. Sponsorship forms will be available in due course if we follow the same format.
Your views please Cakey.
Last year we also had an auction of donated gifts. This ranged from roses from an internationally known rose grower through to a fishing chair and a bed chair. I can't remember off the top of my head how much the auction raised but it was several hundred pounds.
The idea is to have a nice friendly social fish in and by doing so to raise some much needed money for charity.
I hope that gives you a bit more idea Steve.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Please remember only 15 places available, so book your place early if you want to fish Blue Pool.

S

sash

Is bar-b-q-er master Wol not going this year Richard? Who's going to burn the kebabs then? Or drink all the wine?

C

Cakey

I think Wol is in France fishing on them dates with Bully etc

C

Cakey

Only 15 fishing but your welcome to watch or booze or bid in the auction !

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Well said Cakey, visitors for the auction and raffle/auction on the Wednesday will be more than welcome.
Common Woody, this fish in is on your doorstep I believe.

C

Cakey

I do like the idea of a casting compo at Frotheys cut out...........

O

Ozz

Richard,
Please can you p.m. me your address so I can send the tickets for linear to you for the auction.
Thanks mate

O

Ozz

Fine thanks m8,
Just finished the YCSG carp school last Monday and got the NWJE begining of next month...
Glutton for punishment m8!
Both GB and Dale are helping out at the NWJE for me, Lee's instructing and Dales Bank running!!

L

Les Clark

You are doing a great job mate ,are you at work tonight ?