drawing carp into a swim

kevin butler

Reaction score
hi , can anyone please help me . i am fishing a local water that contains a small head of big carp (20 lb +)+ loads of bream . the carp come vrey close to the margins but allways stay out off reach, behind a fallen tree. i want to draw the 20 yards down to another peg where i can fish for them ,i have been feeding maize, pellets +boilies into this area for 4 months +only had 1 fish . has anyone got any suggestions................

C

Cakey

a gallon of dead,flavoured and coloured maggots..........

G

Gary Knowles 2

a gallon of dead, flavoured, coloured mix of maggots and pinkies...

J

jason fisher

ground pellet based ground bait including ground hemp and micro pellets.

C

Chub King

Carp might feed better in coloured water. You could try sloppy groundbait mixed with mud to cloud the water up and keep introducing it. How to do this without disturbing them I'll leave to your ingenuity. Something to try if the maggots don't work.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
a gallon of dead, flavoured, coloured mix of maggots in different sizes plus pinkies...

Bill Maitland

Reaction score
Try some maggots Kevin, alive and dead in various sizes, flavoured and coloured might be good and a gallon should be enough.

The odd pinkie and squatt with some chopped worm and 3 casters should suffice.

Don't forget hemp and various pellet ground baits.

Hope this clears things up for you !!!

C

Cakey

me personally dont think you can atract carp into a swim.....................................but all the above would help keep them in the swim once there

J

jason fisher

mind you
even if only half of stu is being serious it's the equivalent of about 3 normal people.

G

Gary Knowles 2

"me personally dont think you can atract carp into a swim"

Cakey - can't agree with this mate. Me and a mate of mine use similar tactics to the above to draw carp OUT of swims that we want to bream fish.